• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L8agin

Apr 2, 2013
    Damascus
    Ive a stripped, virgin ar lower. I was thinking of making an ar pistol so i checked my copy of the msp form 77r and for type it says "x". So since it's not marked "o" or "a", I am not able to use this particular lower? Is there a way to change that type to an "o"? Maybe redo form 77r? Or am I better off just getting another lower?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ive a stripped, virgin ar lower. I was thinking of making an ar pistol so i checked my copy of the msp form 77r and for type it says "x". So since it's not marked "o" or "a", I am not able to use this particular lower? Is there a way to change that type to an "o"? Maybe redo form 77r? Or am I better off just getting another lower?

curious about this too. Mine says X also

There is no provision to change the type of receiver. You can always call MSP LD and ask if its possible. I'm betting the answer is no.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but I am curious on the answer to this as well.

I was told by transferring FFL that it was marked as "Assault Weapon" on 4473, then on 77R it is marked as "X".

Then I was told by another FFL that what is on the 4473 does not matter as it was a virgin stripped receiver - and I should be good to go.

Please advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom