• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DHunter

Sep 26, 2013
    I am recent transfer to Md and to this board, and am confused about the reading of the law and it's interpretation and any court rulings on it.

I filled out paperwork at FFL on Saturday 9/21, and received call today from dealer that I could come in on Saturday 9/28 to pick up my gun.

Is that kosher? Varied intepretation? Or outright dangerous?

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Seems Kosher to me - looks like you went with a good FFL.. Remember them after you get your HQL for your next purchase, if applicable.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I am recent transfer to Md and to this board, and am confused about the reading of the law and it's interpretation and any court rulings on it.

I filled out paperwork at FFL on Saturday 9/21, and received call today from dealer that I could come in on Saturday 9/28 to pick up my gun.

Is that kosher? Varied intepretation? Or outright dangerous?

I bought a pistol on 9/17 and picked it up today. I would have picked it up earlier this week but a I had scheduling conflicts.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You need to wait seven days including the day the application was submitted, then you can pick it up on the 8th day. So 21st to 27th is 7 days pick up on the 28th.

Thirty days from then you can pick up your next regulated firearm, if you can get an HQL by then.:lol2:

DHunter

Sep 26, 2013
    Thanks for the responses, I meant to put this in the Maryland 2A section but still got answers!

capinyoass

Apr 19, 2013
    then you can pick it up on the 8th day.

By law it can be transferred on the 7th day after (and including) "date form forwarded", unless the seventh day is a Sunday or a legal holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom