• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Those are conversions, the australian ones were completely new actions IIRC.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Those are conversions, the australian ones were completely new actions IIRC.

I popped for it I asked his bottom line, he threw out something acceptable, always wanted one. Now just to find the .308, though it looks like they are now using a proprietary magazine according to some sources. A SMLE style gun in .308 taking M14 mags would be awesome.

http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au/history.htm

OldGunner

Jan 17, 2010
    Question,

Just a few minutes ago, I attempted to purchase a VZ58 from Center Fire Systems. I was told they cannot ship them to Maryland.

Does anyone know why the VZ58 cannot ship to Maryland? I made it clear I didn't need the magazine. At the same time I purchased another firearm which uses a large capacity magazine and they said they can ship it to Maryland without the mag so I know the high cap magazine isn't the issue.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Question,

Just a few minutes ago, I attempted to purchase a VZ58 from Center Fire Systems. I was told they cannot ship them to Maryland.

Does anyone know why the VZ58 cannot ship to Maryland? I made it clear I didn't need the magazine. At the same time I purchased another firearm which uses a large capacity magazine and they said they can ship it to Maryland without the mag so I know the high cap magazine isn't the issue.

I think Centerfire will only sell to FFL's...i was told this by a FFL.

OldGunner

Jan 17, 2010
    I think Centerfire will only sell to FFL's...i was told this by a FFL.

They only ship to FFL's but they will take a paid order from anyone. Like I said, I attempted to purchase two guns, a Suomi and a VZ58. They took the order for the Suomi but told me they the VZ58 comes up in their system as "cannot ship to Maryland".

So, it's not an issue of not taking an order from a non-FFL (it was being shipped to an FFL on record).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They only ship to FFL's but they will take a paid order from anyone. Like I said, I attempted to purchase two guns, a Suomi and a VZ58. They took the order for the Suomi but told me they the VZ58 comes up in their system as "cannot ship to Maryland".

So, it's not an issue of not taking an order from a non-FFL (it was being shipped to an FFL on record).

Some dealers do not wish to open the package to remove the hi cap mags.

Could be, there was a 30 round mag with the VZ58.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    There's no reason Centerfire Systems should cancel that VZ58 order. They had no problem removing the 3 30 round mags from my AK-74 when I ordered from them. Call them up.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I was looking into an AK a while back. I had the same issue with another company (can't remember who it was now). They wouldn't ship to MD, even without the magazines. The salesperson on the phone told me it was simply the decision of the company not to ship hi-cap weapons to MD, mags included or not. Needless to say I was annoyed and I swore to myself I wouldn't give them my business for anything in the future....if only I could remember which company it is that I'm avoiding :banghead:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I was looking into an AK a while back. I had the same issue with another company (can't remember who it was now). They wouldn't ship to MD, even without the magazines. The salesperson on the phone told me it was simply the decision of the company not to ship hi-cap weapons to MD, mags included or not. Needless to say I was annoyed and I swore to myself I wouldn't give them my business for anything in the future....if only I could remember which company it is that I'm avoiding :banghead:

Option 1. Talk to Magnus... He's the person who makes the final call on those things.

Option 2. Move.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I own several AKs and wanted something else in 7.62x39. I found this Rossi single shot in 7.62x39. I haven't been out to shoot it yet but I can tell you it cost $200 at wal-mart. Might be kind of cool and come with sweet fiber optic sights and a rail.
    http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=9&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

R243MBS.jpg

That's interesting just like a NEF. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom