• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Unless you buy a really GOOD mid length gas barrel, MGI Bolt Head, recut the feed ramps your gonna likely end up with issues. The only place that made decent mags went out of business so I would advise against it.

Best go .300 Blackout if you want something different it only requires a different barrel.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I believe jimbob2.0 has one. AR in 7.62x39. Don't know if it's an Olympic.

I can't say myself.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Unless you buy a really GOOD bid length gas barrel, MGI Bolt Head, recut the feed ramps your gonna likely end up with issues. The only place that made decent mags went out of business so I would advise against it.

Best go .300 Blackout if you want something different it only requires a fifferent barrel.

C-products went under? Hope I have enough mags....:sad20:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Rock River Arm LAR47. It's an AR sortof. Not really different lower different upper. But it maintains the ergonomics of the AR AND uses standard AK mags.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Oly 7.62X39 AR's work out of the box. They are the best performers so far, that I have come across.

With that said, make sure you have an out of state address, Midway will not seperated the 30 rd mag from the upper.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Unless you buy a really GOOD mid length gas barrel, MGI Bolt Head, recut the feed ramps your gonna likely end up with issues. The only place that made decent mags went out of business so I would advise against it.

Best go .300 Blackout if you want something different it only requires a different barrel.

I'm going to slightly contradict chad here an say that my bushmaster 7.62x39 AR will digest everything it's fed after Clandestine himself shaved the bolt ever so slightly to get a little more protrusion from the firing pin
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347489705.086869.jpg

I love burning through non-corrosive surplus ammo

By comparison, Fionnros' (my wife) rifle is a .300blk that she doesn't shoot near as much because of the ammo cost

img_20120201_191658.jpg

fogman

Oly 7.62X39 AR's work out of the box. They are the best performers so far, that I have come across.

How does it do with steel case ammo, I'm hoping to be able to burn thru some Wolf ammo that I have

With that said, make sure you have an out of state address, Midway will not seperated the 30 rd mag from the upper.

Yes, they won't ship it to MD, won't remove the mag, won't disassemble the mag and send it as a parts kit. They won't drop ship to a different address either. I'll have to create an account for my mom and ship it to her in PA, just won't get my dealer discount

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    If you're interested, I have a DPMS 7.62x39 barrel and associated gear (DPMS BCG, flash suppressor, etc) that I want to get rid of.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I have an Olympic Arms 7.62x39 AR. The only issue I have had with it has been with it not hitting the primers on steel cased ammo hard enough. After getting a Wolff extra power spring the problem was fixed. Even since I get the stronger spring it has worked perfectly.

For magazines I use 10 and 30rd CProducts mags. Both have worked very well.

iSHOOT

Jan 6, 2010
    AA County
    I have one I got used. I've always heard the steel ammo would be terrible for it from anyone who's ever seen me out with it, but I've never had trouble with bear or wolf. By this point I think I've saved enough money on ammo that if something breaks it still paid for itself. The reason I got one is because I have an ak and an sks so its nice feeding all the kids out of the same pot

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The Bushmaster upper in 7.62x39 I had wasn't to bad, I too installed a wolff hammer spring and never had any FTF's. The issues I was having was with the supplied 25 round magazine, seem when I loaded the magazine full it would have feeding problems, but if I only loaded 15 rounds it would run without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom