• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It is a 6.35 Browning also known as 25acp.

The "a" means "at" in Spanish. It is how the Spanish dual marked pistols. Just like some are marked 7.65 a 32 for 7.65 browning and 32acp.

An easy way to check, pop off the slide, grab calipers and measure the distance from the throat to the rim. If it is roughly 16mm, you know for sure its a 25acp/6.35mm Browning.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I read that middle mark as a &.
    It clearly is. I thought it was an 'a' also, until I zoomed in and saw the difference in the typeface between that character and the other actual letter 'a's.
    Screenshot_20220728-164548.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Read up on "Ruby" type pistols, because that is a variant of a Ruby type. True Rubys are .32 acp, based on the Colt Pocket Hammerless, while yours is based on the 1905 Vest Pocket, but it's a product of the same Basque cottage-industry system.
    The bulbous trigger-block safety and the curving (originally lathe-turned) grasping grooves are classic features of Rubys.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

It is a 6.35 Browning also known as 25acp.

The "a" means "at" in Spanish. It is how the Spanish dual marked pistols. Just like some are marked 7.65 a 32 for 7.65 browning and 32acp.

An easy way to check, pop off the slide, grab calipers and measure the distance from the throat to the rim. If it is roughly 16mm, you know for sure its a 25acp/6.35mm Browning.
    The mag probably would tell you doubt there would be 1cm of of front to back slop in the mag to be ambiguous

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Well, does is shoot 6.35/25 ACP or some mystery wildcat?
    LOL and Peace to everyone
    Better Pics here

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Better Pics here
    :thumbsup:
    Better Pics here
    Interesting stamps. How does it shoot?
    I have a Colt 1905 25 but yet to hit the range with it.

I have shot this one quite a bit. 22 not 25 but I believe they are similar in design.

20190222_193831.jpg

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    How does it shoot?
    Well, it is very reliable. I shoot Fiocchi FMJ ammo and have difficulty hitting a 12 inch circle at 25 ft. I'd say I shoot 5 out of 7 in a 14" group. I don't shoot it very often due to the fact that these guns were made with cheap (pot) metals.

FWIW: The recoil is less than my Beeman P1 .177 pellet pistol. (I can group a 2" circle at 25 ft with this pistol)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Since we brought up Mousegun accuracy :

1st Gen Raven w/ 20lb plus trigger , miss the paper entirely @ 7yds ( bullseye target , not silhouette )

Bauer ( SS clone of Baby Browning) keep in chest of B-27 @ 25yds . Limiting factor being tiny gun in my XXL hands .

Friend's 1948 production Astra Hammerless .25 , plink soda cans @ 10yds .

NAA .32 , I can't render an opinion , because of severe mismatch of extra tiny gun in my XXL hands . But with unorthodox grip that works best * for me * , certainly 2 minute of felon @ 3 arm lengths . Be interesting to have a decent shooter with hands the size of 8yo girl test it for me .

For Context :

Pre AMT Backup .380 ( single action ) , keep shots in head of B-27 @ 25yds . Great trigger , usable sights , but very painful to shoot .

13oz J Frame Airweight .38spl , capable of 90% scores on Qual COF intended for full size duty guns . Not as harsh as the AMT .380 , but 50rds of 158 left hand sore next day . I'm a recoil junkie , but 158 +P from 13oz is all the fun I am willing to engage in . Current all steel 16oz J is prefered .

Mousegun Lesson Learned :

* When Carried in manner for quick access * , an Airweight J Frame can be carried and concealed as easily as a .25acp .

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Since we brought up Mousegun accuracy :

1st Gen Raven w/ 20lb plus trigger , miss the paper entirely @ 7yds ( bullseye target , not silhouette )

Bauer ( SS clone of Baby Browning) keep in chest of B-27 @ 25yds . Limiting factor being tiny gun in my XXL hands .

Friend's 1948 production Astra Hammerless .25 , plink soda cans @ 10yds .

NAA .32 , I can't render an opinion , because of severe mismatch of extra tiny gun in my XXL hands . But with unorthodox grip that works best * for me * , certainly 2 minute of felon @ 3 arm lengths . Be interesting to have a decent shooter with hands the size of 8yo girl test it for me .

For Context :

Pre AMT Backup .380 ( single action ) , keep shots in head of B-27 @ 25yds . Great trigger , usable sights , but very painful to shoot .

13oz J Frame Airweight .38spl , capable of 90% scores on Qual COF intended for full size duty guns . Not as harsh as the AMT .380 , but 50rds of 158 left hand sore next day . I'm a recoil junkie , but 158 +P from 13oz is all the fun I am willing to engage in . Current all steel 16oz J is prefered .

Mousegun Lesson Learned :

* When Carried in manner for quick access * , an Airweight J Frame can be carried and concealed as easily as a .25acp .
    I really do not care for 38+P in my S&W 360 J airframe either. After about 25 rounds or so my palm felt like someone smacked it repeatedly with a ruler; hard. IDK how some get by with the 357 in the 360 PD. I'll have to try the +P in my 36 or Colt steel frames as I see no point in abusing myself with +P on the airframe.

You bring up a good point and I'll have to test it out. I do enjoy shooting 32 ACP in Savages, Ortgies, and Colts. I also have a Colt 25 ACP vest. And three modern handguns on my CCW. Do a shot out, old stuff vs new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom