• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    AliasNeo07 said:
    Went by dicks today...catalog has a 590a1 (don't know if it has a heat shield or not) but it has ghost ring sights and speed feed stock (dont know if 2 rds or 4 rds) for 500. I think the 590a1 with ghost ring sights was 480. 20 bucks for speed feed = win

It's actually called the 590 SPX on the sticker, I know because I bought one today. :)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    AliasNeo07 said:
    Went by dicks today...catalog has a 590a1 (don't know if it has a heat shield or not) but it has ghost ring sights and speed feed stock (dont know if 2 rds or 4 rds) for 500. I think the 590a1 with ghost ring sights was 480. 20 bucks for speed feed = win

No heat shield, nor needed, it's the newer heavy walled barrel on these which doesn't have heat shield option. It is a 9 shot 20" fully parkerized including bolt and action. Does not have the M590a1 marking on the receiver, but the box production label and item number identifies it as that. It is an unbeatable deal at $449. I didn't get the display gun, mine was NIB in the plastic wrap with oil paper wrapped inside. There are 2 left on the rack. Trigger guard is polymer (those are also milspec as both types are in use by the military), and the plastic to metal safety switch upgrade is only a $12 part. Taking her out to run a few slugs this afternoon.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Mark392001 said:
    No heat shield, nor needed, it's the newer heavy walled barrel on these which doesn't have heat shield option. It is a 9 shot 20" fully parkerized including bolt and action. Does not have the M590a1 marking on the receiver, but the box production label and item number identifies it as that. It is an unbeatable deal at $449. I didn't get the display gun, mine was NIB in the plastic wrap with oil paper wrapped inside. There are 2 left on the rack. Trigger guard is polymer (those are also milspec as both types are in use by the military), and the plastic to metal safety switch upgrade is only a $12 part. Taking her out to run a few slugs this afternoon.

Took her out to the great outdoors instead to Loch Raven, shot a round of trap with her, not the greatest gun for trap :), but good experience with the sights (they were right when I got on the clay) and function of the gun.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I'll add too, the finish doesn't hold residue or grime, this was a very clean shotgun after 25 rounds, not something I've been able to say about others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom