• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    Anyone have any idea where you can get used 55 gallon plastic barrels? I found a thread on here from 5 years ago, but have struck out with that info.

I'm near ellicott city but would travel for them if need be. Found a few on craigslist but nothing really close.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Anyone have any idea where you can get used 55 gallon plastic barrels? I found a thread on here from 5 years ago, but have struck out with that info.

I'm near ellicott city but would travel for them if need be. Found a few on craigslist but nothing really close.

I have a bunch of food grade drums with full size spin off lids thAt my son sells for $20 a piece. Pm me if your interested

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I can get about as many as you want and the supply will not run out. They are water treatment chemical barrels with the lids still on them but empty. Only issue is I am in Cecil County.

Don't really want anything for my time going to get them.... But would accept a donation of a box or 2 of various ammo types. PM me. They are yours if you want them.

Currently I believe I have 6 or7.

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    Looking for the ones w/ the non-removable lids if possible. I'm hoping to build a floating dock on a pond and need the ones with the two bungs in them so they'll seal up pretty good.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    A lot of car washes get them with soap. You might ask a coupld of them. I've gotten serveral from the car washes around Salisbury.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I used to get them from McCutchen Apple products in Fredneck. They were used to import concetrated apple juice. Therefore, any residue was definitely Non-Toxic. Years ago they $10.00 each.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    re-conditioned, $35 at aquabarrel.com with 2 bungs
    Aquabarrel, 23219 Stringtown Road, Mail Box #275, Clarksburg, MD 20871

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    it would be nice if I could find some fuel worthy barrels to stock up on heating diesel while the prices are so low LOL

Would a barrel that contained concentrated Windshield Washer Fluid work? It is flammable. Not sure if it would work. Let me know. I have one almost empty.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    A lot of people who gardens and have lots of plants around the house use them to as watering supply. Have one of your gutters go into the barrel from the top. And have a facet installed on the bottom of the barrel.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    A lot of people who gardens and have lots of plants around the house use them to as watering supply. Have one of your gutters go into the barrel from the top. And have a facet installed on the bottom of the barrel.

Yep. I have 6 of them behind my garage and tied to the gutters for watering my garden. Works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom