• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Someone else said it, but now looking at those numbers again, I am guessing .277 wolverine. At some point when I am building "extra" uppers I am going back and forth between the .277 wolverine and .25-45 sharps. I feel like the sharps would be a much better western gun...which I'll probably hunt a few times in my life if I am lucky (oh and hey, I have a perfectly good .308 I could use and I am sure I'll use it as an excuse to get a .30-06 or .300 win mag). The .277 I feel like would be a much better mid Atlantic white tail and hog round.

Both can use everything .223 except the barrel. I like them over the .300AAC because I doubt I'll ever have a silencer or need subsonic. I like the higher velocity and slightly higher energy of them over the .300AAC also.

Though now that I've written this, in retrospect I don't think the .277 goes over about 1550lb-ft

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Someone else said it, but now looking at those numbers again, I am guessing .277 wolverine. At some point when I am building "extra" uppers I am going back and forth between the .277 wolverine and .25-45 sharps. I feel like the sharps would be a much better western gun...which I'll probably hunt a few times in my life if I am lucky (oh and hey, I have a perfectly good .308 I could use and I am sure I'll use it as an excuse to get a .30-06 or .300 win mag). The .277 I feel like would be a much better mid Atlantic white tail and hog round.

Both can use everything .223 except the barrel. I like them over the .300AAC because I doubt I'll ever have a silencer or need subsonic. I like the higher velocity and slightly higher energy of them over the .300AAC also.

Though now that I've written this, in retrospect I don't think the .277 goes over about 1550lb-ft

I haven't done any ballistic testing yet myself, the data I stated was from the manufacturer so I'm sure it is overstated a bit. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom