5.56 PAP pistol submitted to roster yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Anyone happen to know if the new 5.56x45 PAP pistol was submitted to the roster yet? I would assume it could pass, just like the PLR-16 and P556.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Anyone happen to know if the new 5.56x45 PAP pistol was submitted to the roster yet? I would assume it could pass, just like the PLR-16 and P556.

Are you talking about the new Zastava PAP Krink pistol? If so, I thought it was 7.62. Didn't know they made it in 5.56.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There are two versions of the pistol, one in 5.56mm, one in 7.62x39mm... just like the rifle version. I'm given to understand that the way the serial and importer markings are, making underfolders out of the pistol isn't much of an option... but then again, underfolders suck anyways. :-P

I would pick up a 5.56mm version for the hell of it, maybe use an AR-15 adapter for the magazines.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    There are two versions of the pistol, one in 5.56mm, one in 7.62x39mm... just like the rifle version. I'm given to understand that the way the serial and importer markings are, making underfolders out of the pistol isn't much of an option... but then again, underfolders suck anyways. :-P

I would pick up a 5.56mm version for the hell of it, maybe use an AR-15 adapter for the magazines.

You should pick up one of the 106UR's that Engage got and SBR it.

May 13, 2005
    I've heavily fondled the 7.62 pistol and the full size Pap rifle and they are worth every penny minus a few minor complaints. And WELL below what an arsenal would cost you. In fact A pap pistol AND rifle can get in your hands under $1100 if you are a bargain shopper.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I read somewhere that Galil 35rds steel mag also works in the PAP M85- so might also wanna pick up some of those mags too. I am waiting for the price to come down a little, as there's not much demand on M85- comparing to M92. Might be a good addition to my AR pistols and Sig556P. Still, the price is way better than any AK/AR 5.56 pistols currently available.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I've heavily fondled the 7.62 pistol and the full size Pap rifle and they are worth every penny minus a few minor complaints. And WELL below what an arsenal would cost you. In fact A pap pistol AND rifle can get in your hands under $1100 if you are a bargain shopper.

I thought ak pistols still were not on the roster yet...has that changed?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    AK pistols aren't on the roster because no one has a 7.62x39 chamber lock, and thus they're impossible to sell or transfer.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hahaha if u and I are thinking of the same gun, didn't copes only have ten in stock? My partner bought one so ill tell you how it shoots.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Copes already sold those out (M85-5.56x45) a couple weeks ago. J&G still has them -75 available almost two weeks now - 59 or so left currently. The M92 went from 100 to 0 in three days!

Also, not sure why the vendors set price on M85 a bit higher- I remember getting two M92 at $530 each.

May 13, 2005
    AK pistols aren't on the roster because no one has a 7.62x39 chamber lock, and thus they're impossible to sell or transfer.

If that was the case, then why is the PPSH pistol on the roster? Wouldn't it be the same chamber lock? Both 7.62 x something.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ill be making 10 M92 PAP 7.62's into SBR Ready Carbines (With Pinned Barrel Extension) once they show up. They will have ACE Side Folders installed. They wont be cheap though.

May 13, 2005
    There is a lock for 7.62x25.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

They custom made one for the 7.62x25 in the thread below, why couldn't the same be done for x39? I doubt that this is the reason for it not going on the roster... has there ever been an AK pistol even submitted?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I really don't think you're getting this. The way most pistols get on the roster is if 1) the manufacturer submits them or 2) a retailer submits them. Retailers are not going submit a pistol that they can't sell, and a custom one-off lock isn't going to work for that. The lack of a lock is not an impediment to being on the roster; it is an impediment for anyone ever bothering to submit it in the first place.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    are you saying I should start saving up now for one of these?? what are you estimating the cost?

Im estimating $1695.00. I have 5 sold already. Im not doing any more Dracos or M92's after this. I started a company with my Boss from my Main Job and I wont have any time for smithing once it takes off.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Im estimating $1695.00. I have 5 sold already. Im not doing any more Dracos or M92's after this. I started a company with my Boss from my Main Job and I wont have any time for smithing once it takes off.

unacceptable. No time for smithing.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom