• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Does anyone know how easy 30rd mag are for the 74? AK47 are abundant

74 mags are a little rarer, but still pretty easy to find. About the same price, and the bakelite/plastic is durable and much lighter than the all-metal 47 mags.

I haven't broken down and gotten a 5.45 Saiga yet. Would be very interested in a group buy... though it's so cheap already it would probably only save a few bucks a unit!

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I have a Romanian SAR-2 in 5.45x39. It was so much fun that I had to get another one (AIM had them on 'clearance' for $289, at the time). one was in the group of stolen weapons I lost a couple of years ago. :mad54:

Anyway, I'm in the process of building a couple of AKs. One is the Polish Tantal (which is 5.45, of course). I like the round a lot. I don't have the suggested 20k rounds. :lol: But I have picked up several of the wooden crates before and after the recent ammo price surge. :innocent0 Century, last month, had it for $107 a can. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    5.45 also looks good in purple, or so my wife claims.

purpletantal.jpg

i never get tired of posting that pic. :D

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    I checked and all of glockmaster84's post are one letter. what a tool! guess he is trying to get something in the classifieds

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Get one and take the money you'd save over shooting 5.56 NATO and stockpile a couple of pallets of spam cans full of the commie 5.45 stuff! :D

I would if I had the $$$ :innocent0

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'm seriousy looking at Tantal, but there's several things on the list ahead of it. Might not be a bad idea to buy one more extra case of ammo than you think you need in case the surplus dries up suddenly.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    AIM sells them for like 13.00 a piece, they are def out there

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Found an awesome quote from the saiga forum

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48785&st=0

"So anyways, If you plan on shooting things behind a brick wall or to fend off terminators from the future, then go 7.62x39. But if you want something that's good for stopping human beings, zombies, aliens, anything flesh - Go 5.45x39."

:lol: nice

AIM sells them for like 13.00 a piece, they are def out there

last time I looked AIM was Out Of Stock.

Seko

Dec 6, 2008
    MoCo
    yeah they out there on the internet...but getting them delivered is the issue. I guess i will head out to chantilly to get a few.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Found an awesome quote from the saiga forum

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48785&st=0

"So anyways, If you plan on shooting things behind a brick wall or to fend off terminators from the future, then go 7.62x39. But if you want something that's good for stopping human beings, zombies, aliens, anything flesh - Go 5.45x39."

Even 7.62x39 is a little light for that... for brick walls and terminators, I prefer 7.62x54R if I am going to use a comblock round.

If you want to smash things, without over penetrating, at close distance. I think you would be hard pressed to find anything more effective for the money than the Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum firing slugs (except maybe .50 beowulf, and try getting ammo for that!)

Mark

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    i saw that, thinking of picking a couple up to have them for later

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member