• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LAPD

Jan 23, 2013
    Does anyone have any comments about the 5.11 Thumb Drive holsters?

Thank you

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Haven't seen or used one, but for thumb-drive, I really like my Safariland 6378 ALS.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I like the Safariland ALS better than the Serpa or 511 thumbdrive.

IMO if paddle is your thing the ALS has the most comfortable paddle. (Also comes with belt adapter.)

I dont like the location of the release on the serpa particularly for new shooters.

The suede lining on the interior of the ALS is a bonus. And I like the release. Very instinctive and less likely to fail than thr serpa.

I have not tried the Galco M6X yet but people seem to like it.

Also the 511 thumb drive isnt actually made by 511 its made for 511 by blade tech if that matters to anyone.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Paddles arent for everyone, but they do have their place.

Example: I'm a skinny mofo (sub 30" waist). Haven't found many gun belts that'll fit me properly - too much movement. In that respect, a paddle along with a firm belt does wonders.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Paddles arent for everyone, but they do have their place.

Example: I'm a skinny mofo (sub 30" waist). Haven't found many gun belts that'll fit me properly - too much movement. In that respect, a paddle along with a firm belt does wonders.

Im fat but I still like them for their convenience. Easy to slip on and off.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Im fat but I still like them for their convenience. Easy to slip on and off.

As do I, that and for me - OWB on a paddle is more comfortable than a IWB when sitting or driving.

Although for me, I prefer mine to be a little harder to slip on/off - which is why I like the Safariland, it can be difficult to get off, but there's NO movement/wiggle when it's on.

I picked up a Galco for my other M&P (paddle also), don't care for it, it moves around too much. It'll be replaced here shortly.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    As do I, that and for me - OWB on a paddle is more comfortable than a IWB when sitting or driving.

Although for me, I prefer mine to be a little harder to slip on/off - which is why I like the Safariland, it can be difficult to get off, but there's NO movement/wiggle when it's on.

I picked up a Galco for my other M&P (paddle also), don't care for it, it moves around too much. It'll be replaced here shortly.

Good to know. I was considering the Galco.

Guess ill just get Safariland ALSs for all of my OWB needs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom