• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Vinnie is like a rejected muppet.

Animal has better hair and makes a hell of a lot more sense when he talks.
    181517251355_1.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Please do not insult muppets. Besides, Vinnie is not a puppet. Frosh is the puppet and Vinnie is the hand.

I think it's the other way around. They have Vinnie shilling all the time. Frosh is much smarter than Vinnie.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I think it's the other way around. They have Vinnie shilling all the time. Frosh is much smarter than Vinnie.

Well, actually ...

If Frosh were as smart as you give him credit, he would tell Spinny Vinnie to stop crediting him in recorded public statements like he did on State Circle.

Taking that vid to the bank may get us a two-fer simultaneously discrediting Frosh and deMarco in the court of public opinion. Which quite possibly might also help in the HQL suit.

If Vinnie is spinning, why shouldn't we ?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well, actually ...

If Frosh were as smart as you give him credit, he would tell Spinny Vinnie to stop crediting him in recorded public statements like he did on State Circle.

Taking that vid to the bank may get us a two-fer simultaneously discrediting Frosh and deMarco in the court of public opinion. Which quite possibly might also help in the HQL suit.

If Vinnie is spinning, why shouldn't we ?

And that's where the fatal combination of arrogance and sunlight may take both of them down.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Do you think you're enlightening me? You're not getting another case decided before En Banc.

I posted in the other thread. I think en banc or Supreme Court hearing this at this stage is a longshot. I think Frosh will tilt at the windmill because he has to, but 1- the court's own precedent seems to require this result;2-at this stage its only a remand for more fact finding. The full court can let this percolate more before they take it. Plus, the dissent is not very persuasive.

I do not see a compelling reason to take this since the law has not been struck yet.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I posted in the other thread. I think en banc or Supreme Court hearing this at this stage is a longshot. I think Frosh will tilt at the windmill because he has to, but 1- the court's own precedent seems to require this result;2-at this stage its only a remand for more fact finding. The full court can let this percolate more before they take it. Plus, the dissent is not very persuasive.

I do not see a compelling reason to take this since the law has not been struck yet.

Definitely possible.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The 4th also rarely sits en banc, in the last decade they've heard at most four cases per year (that was 2011) with the average being 2 cases. 2015 had no en banc cases.

Master_P

May 27, 2015
    The 4th also rarely sits en banc, in the last decade they've heard at most four cases per year (that was 2011) with the average being 2 cases. 2015 had no en banc cases.

Not to sound like KcClown, but ... well ... because guns!
    :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Salient COA opinions that attract this much public attention are at elevated odds of getting vacated en banc. Examples:

Tyler v. Hillsdale County Sheriff’s Dep’t
    Peruta v. County of San Diego
    Halbig v. Burwell

Moore v Madigan was a pro-gun COA opinion which fell one vote short of getting vacated en banc.

Seeing that the Judge King's dissent goes off the deep end with the whole "weapons of war" BS, it's a fair bet that he will make a sua sponte call to have the panel opinion vacated en banc, if the AG doesn't make that request first.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I actually had the same thought. While I'd love to see the 4th circuit follow that principal of almost never going en banc, we are talking about 2A here and that seems to have it's own playbook.

Let's hope that this is the first step in standardizing the 2A playbook to be inline with the 1A playbook.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Salient COA opinions that attract this much public attention are at elevated odds of getting vacated en banc. Examples:

Halbig v. Burwell

Moore v Madigan was a pro-gun COA opinion which fell one vote short of getting vacated en banc.

Seeing that the Judge King's dissent goes off the deep end with the whole "weapons of war" BS, it's a fair bet that he will make a sua sponte call to have the panel opinion vacated en banc, if the AG doesn't make that request first.

Don't forget Nordyke v. King (in which the government even won), US v. Skoien

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Halbig v. Burwell

I'd be fine with the "weapons of war" argument if the Judges on "our" side would put the rest of the intent of the 2A down on paper. If you look at the Miller decision, it says a SBS is not covered basically because it is not a weapon of war. Not in those words, but it is implied. The 2A reserves the Power to the People. That is the ability to overthrow the government should it become tyrannical. That act would REQUIRE weapons of war. At it's heart, the dissent unintentionally makes our case as well.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'd be fine with the "weapons of war" argument if the Judges on "our" side would put the rest of the intent of the 2A down on paper. If you look at the Miller decision, it says a SBS is not covered basically because it is not a weapon of war. Not in those words, but it is implied. The 2A reserves the Power to the People. That is the ability to overthrow the government should it become tyrannical. That act would REQUIRE weapons of war. At it's heart, the dissent unintentionally makes our case as well.

That is how the courts paints us gun owners as paranoid.

Everytime the tyranical government argument surfaces, the courts dismiss the idea as some mental delusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom