• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atb

Dec 10, 2011
    Hey there,

A 4H archery club in Poolesville is looking for an indoor range where they can shoot during the winter. Can anyone suggest a place within a reasonable proximity to the 20837 zip code? They meet 2x monthly on the first and third Sundays. Closest one found so far is in Bull Run (+1hr drive) :-(

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

ATB

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    I've had this problem too with my own trad group during winter. Unfortunately there is zilch in this county. It's just too densely populated, short of private clubs. If you are willing to make the trip, there is Bowhunter's Den in Westminster and Deer Creek Archery in Churchville.

Where do you normally shoot outdoors?

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Does the BCC Issac Walton Chapter in Poolsville have anything ?
    Years ago the Damascus Chapter shot bows in the pole barn.. Maybe them.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    Just FYI, Issac Walton League is a private club with membership fees and other requirements.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    No shit... Who would think that a conservation club of sportsman would help the youth of 4 H...
    Except that that the Poolesville range is outdoors. As are all the other ones in this county.

And besides, I've known them to turn away similar youth groups before unless they pay for membership, so don't act like that's an unfair assumption.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Except that that the Poolesville range is outdoors. As are all the other ones in this county.

And besides, I've known them to turn away similar youth groups before unless they pay for membership, so don't act like that's an unfair assumption.

If in fact you do belong to the BCC Chapter you should run to become a officer and start helping the kids. I would truly be dissipointed in the Issac Walton League if they were missing opportunity's to help kids..
    I have a few friends that are long time members their, I will be asking them.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    If in fact you do belong to the BCC Chapter you should run to become a officer and start helping the kids. I would truly be dissipointed in the Issac Walton League if they were missing opportunity's to help kids..
    I have a few friends that are long time members their, I will be asking them.

No, not a member. I was a kid in a youth group back in the day. Adult leader tried to see if we could use their range, and they turned us down. We couldn't afford membership. So I gave up on them. Yes I will grant you this was back in the 80s or 90s and I don't deny that things change. But the range is still outdoors and the OP wanted indoors.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Most IWLAs sponsor youth activities but, like everywhere else, with limited time and recourses, they have to pick winners and losers.

atb

Dec 10, 2011
    AHEM, gentlemen.

BCC-IWLA Poolesville sponsors the club but - as was pointed out - the range is outdoors only. Too cold for the kiddos some of these days. Will give Damascus IWLA a call, thanks for the idea.

ATB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom