• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Here is what I have found.

Lever action 45/70 Manufactures and their warranties.
    Henry Arms Warranty
    Henry Repeating Arms come with a lifetime guarantee, a personal guarantee for the 100% satisfied of your purchase.

Marlin Arms Warranty

Our Warranty policy covers all our firearms against defects in workmanship or material for a period of five years from the date of purchase to the original owner. See the inside front cover of this manual for warranty details.

U.S. Repeating Arms Company (Winchester Arms)

Winchester Repeating Arms does not provide written warranties on most of our products and currently there is no “lifetime” warranty on any Winchester Repeating Arms Company product.Winchester Repeating Arms assures you that we support our products with the same integrity and fairness that has always been a vital part of the Winchester reputation. Should there be a problem, in most cases, your Winchester firearms dealer can make quick adjustments. Should you need to return any product, follow the instructions under Service or Repair

Remington Arms

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. We expect to have our website, www.remarms.com. online very soon and production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.

Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable to service existing Remington firearms or honor any warranty offered by the Remington Outdoors Company. As a show of our commitment to the Remington brand and its customers, once we become fully operational, we will do what we can to assist in resolving issues you may have with Remington product purchased through the Remington Outdoors Company.

We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms or other products made prior to the RemArms LLC acquisition of Remington firearms from the Remington Outdoors Company. In the future we will service product produced by RemArms, utilizing the highest standards available.

Please do not send your firearms to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to either Remington or a repair center, the delivery will be rejected.
    Please contact info@remington.com for information regarding service for your current Remington firearm.

Uberti USA

This 5-year limited warranty applies to only those Uberti firearms imported by Stoeger. No other importers of Uberti products offer this extended warranty. A new Uberti firearm is warranted only to the original retail purchaser, for 5 years from the date of purchase. This warranty applies only if the firearm was purchased from an authorized Uberti dealer in the United States.

Browning Arms, Rossi Arms, Ruger Arms
    No 45/70 in production.

Big Horn Armory
    No Implied warranty on web site.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    And all of those are void once you fire a handload through them, so it's really of no concern to the average 45/70 shooter.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I needed a new extractor from Henry and they never asked me about hand loads, just mailed me the part

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I needed a new extractor from Henry and they never asked me about hand loads, just mailed me the part

And your point is what?

I'm sure is it's not worth their time to haggle over a $5 part to keep a customer happy.
    Now send it back with a cracked receiver or a split barrel, or broken stock and see what they say.
    The point I was trying to make is that almost every warranty I've seen from any maker states that they are void if shooting anything other than factory rounds, and almost all 45-70 shooters shoot hand loads.
    Was your Henry a 45-70?

I guess I just don't understand buying a gun based on what the company offers for warranty. It's like you are expecting it to break and what to be covered.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I think your Marlin 5 year warranty died when Remington when bankrupt. Ruger bought Marlin from Remington but says they won't do warranty repair on pre-Ruger made Marlins.

Since they have started making "Ruger made" 45-70 "Marlin" rifles, I think that, while they have no stated "warranty," they will make good any Ruger made rifles.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    so you think people are getting cracked receivers and telling them they used reloads?
    Is that something that happens enough to worry about it?

I sure don't hear stories like that.

I hear more horror stories with rifles that are bad right out of the box. Maybe I'm sheltered.
    And I doubt people are admitting to using reloads.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    so you think people are getting cracked receivers and telling them they used reloads?
    Is that something that happens enough to worry about it?

I sure don't hear stories like that.

I hear more horror stories with rifles that are bad right out of the box. Maybe I'm sheltered.
    And I doubt people are admitting to using reloads.

No, usually guns are bad right out of the box like you said. But when they have major issues that require major repairs like a receiver or barrel they will expect to see the spent casings that caused the failed component.

Last edited:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    And your point is what?

I guess I just don't understand buying a gun based on what the company offers for warranty. It's like you are expecting it to break and what to be covered.

It is called frugality, following the same train of thought why have warranties on anything. When someone is willing to back their product up with a lifetime warranty it makes a statement. Everything can and will break, I was impressed with Henry when many years ago a friend had his bluing wear off his barrel. He called Henry, they sent him a box he had it sent to them and about a month later he received his gun with new bluing on the barrel. That is a very good reason for a warranty like Henry offers. No one else has the balls to do so.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    It's like anything else, the company goes out of business, your get tired of the thing breaking and sending it back, customer service doesn't answer the phone, you're on hold for two hours, they don't respond to emails.
    As an example for lifetime warranties, Leupold repairs or replaces anything in a timely manner for free. Weaver and Redfield went out of business. Every Redfield I ever owned I had to send in for repair, my first one was new in the box with dirt in it. I don't want to mention other companies by name because there are those who admire them but when you do this long enough you'll find lifetime warranties doesn't always make the company or product better and as companies like Redfield did, change their mind and don't honor the warranty anymore while still in business.
    My latest go round was with crossbows. The one company answered my email 6 months later, true! The second xbow kept having issues, I kept taking it back to the shop, kept waiting on hold, missed almost the whole hunting season twice while they fixed it and waited for parts. Finally the bow broke for good and they sent me a new one. I sold the new one without taking it out of the box and bought another brand.
    I picked the other brand because my son suggested calling customer service or send an email and see if they are any good. The new company answered the phone on the second ring and it was a customer service representative. He answered all my questions and was most helpful.
    My point is you can't just go by the warranty and like others say the gun is often either good or bad right from the box. I've had issues with quality guns, Rugers, Brownings, Smith and Wessons, and it's a 50-50 chance it'll come back fixed or not fixed, maybe worse. Most guys don't have issues because they don't know the gun isn't right or they don't shoot much. Experience and experienced shooters are your best guide.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    It's like anything else, the company goes out of business, your get tired of the thing breaking and sending it back, customer service doesn't answer the phone, you're on hold for two hours, they don't respond to emails.
    As an example for lifetime warranties, Leupold repairs or replaces anything in a timely manner for free. Weaver and Redfield went out of business. Every Redfield I ever owned I had to send in for repair, my first one was new in the box with dirt in it. I don't want to mention other companies by name because there are those who admire them but when you do this long enough you'll find lifetime warranties doesn't always make the company or product better and as companies like Redfield did, change their mind and don't honor the warranty anymore while still in business.
    My latest go round was with crossbows. The one company answered my email 6 months later, true! The second xbow kept having issues, I kept taking it back to the shop, kept waiting on hold, missed almost the whole hunting season twice while they fixed it and waited for parts. Finally the bow broke for good and they sent me a new one. I sold the new one without taking it out of the box and bought another brand.
    I picked the other brand because my son suggested calling customer service or send an email and see if they are any good. The new company answered the phone on the second ring and it was a customer service representative. He answered all my questions and was most helpful.
    My point is you can't just go by the warranty and like others say the gun is often either good or bad right from the box. I've had issues with quality guns, Rugers, Brownings, Smith and Wessons, and it's a 50-50 chance it'll come back fixed or not fixed, maybe worse. Most guys don't have issues because they don't know the gun isn't right or they don't shoot much. Experience and experienced shooters are your best guide.

Good points however, if a company does not answer in a timely manner, I would not deal with them. Let other people know, and soon they would be out of business. Brand ownership and loyalty just because I like them to me is a thing of the past. Especially if they do not support their customers.

If gun manufacturer did me wrong and did not respond I would get rid of their products and never deal with them again. Just like LLBean, they use to have lifetime warranty on their boots. Well, they stopped and now they charge for repair. I got rid of their products and sent them pictures of me burning their stuff. A company is only as good as their word. Of course, they never sent a response.

We cannot control when companies merge, fold or just have crappy customer service. We can control who we buy from, how much and provide a response on social media which today can make or break a company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom