• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    ATF 41F, Notifying Your CLEO.
    Who is my CLEO?
    (PG County) Chief of Police or State Police?

Thanks

According to BATF agents at the MSP conference a few weeks back, your CLEO is the Chief law enforcement where you reside, so PG county police. I asked about this specifically.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't care, mine are going to the head of MSP by mail.

Whatever. I sent mine to the Bowie police Chief of Police. It's a jurisdictional thing.

Common sense dictates that when you call 911, whichever department shows up is the LE organization for your jurisdiction.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    When I applied for my FFL 03 I used the county police chief. If I lived in a town with a police department, I would have used them.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Maryland State Police
    Firearms Registration Section
    Attn: Corporal Jason Edwards
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

Any CLEO of any department (county, state, sherriff) in the area you reside is fine.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ....Common sense dictates ....

Sorry, I was laughing and did not finish! Common Sense and gun licensing have nothing to do with each other.

MSP wanted to do all the NFA sign-offs when they had them. So I figured I would keep sending them the crap. There is no LEO more CLEO than the head of the state police. So he gets a letter from me every NFA and C&R License.

I figure if they want to waste my time notifying the Po-Po, I might as well waste their time sending it to the head of the Po-Po. I bet if every Chief of police in every state got buried in NFA notifications constantly, maybe they would have enough pull to get the ATF to remove the requirement. With the internet, its totally pointless and a waste of time. Stop wasting my time and I will stop wasting yours!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Any list or recommendation on where to get fingerprinting done?

Where do you live?

When I shop at Engage I go a few blocks away to American Identity Solutions in Rockville, get them done and then go back to Engage with them in hand.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    According to BATF agents at the MSP conference a few weeks back, your CLEO is the Chief law enforcement where you reside, so PG county police. I asked about this specifically.

MSP claims state premption makes them the CLEO for all firearms related stuff.

Which agency do you choose to piss off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom