• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Can you school me on musket caps? Someday I’d like to get a, well, a musket.

I bought a tin of CCI musket caps just to have awhile back. The label is brown and says multi-use and I thought they used to be called re-enactment caps and had a bad rap. Maybe they are different.

I also seem to remember musket shooters not liking CCI or the number of wings for safety issues.

I don’t want to spend the money on a case of Schuetsen right now but I’d be willing to buy a couple sleeves if anyone is getting in on that link that is reasonably close to HoCo…

My only experience is with the smaller percussion caps…

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Cool thanks. I need to head out to your shop and check it out at some point. I went a couple times when it was the old crew. A little hike but my muzzle loading fire has been reignited lately.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Haha. Thanks. Appreciate it The Saint. I don’t have a musket yet… but that’s never stopped me from buying ammo or supplies for a firearm I don’t even own yet…

Total thread drift now but I have a Kibler kit on the way hopefully in the next week or two. That will be taking most of my muzzleloader time.

And thanks OP for the link.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Wow, almost $400/1000 musket caps at Grafs? Things have really gotten outrageous. Glad I've got a good stock of them.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Wow, almost $400/1000 musket caps at Grafs? Things have really gotten outrageous. Glad I've got a good stock of them.

I think you mean $400/5000 and not 1000, but yeah...and that's not even including freight and hazmat either. CCI's are dealer cost about $600 + freight and hazmat per 5000, now.They're also never available.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I think you mean $400/5000 and not 1000, but yeah...and that's not even including freight and hazmat either. CCI's are dealer cost about $600 + freight and hazmat per 5000, now.They're also never available.
    Oh, yeah, I missed the 5000 count up top. Thanks.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Where is your shop. I’m in hunt valley.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Nice meeting you today Saint. I really liked you and your shop. Thank you for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom