.380 pocket pistol, Glock 42 or Bodyguard?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 7, 2014
    7 days a week I carry an XDS in .45acp. LOVE IT. Sometimes I don't want to carry the big girl and I just want to drop a noisy cricket in my pocket (Men in Black reference)
    I have it narrowed down to the Glock 42 and the Bodyguard. Need help!!
    Which do you prefer and why?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    He is right, it failed, but I don't know exactly why; I have a pile of them in the store that I can only sell out of state right now.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    So I guess the winner of the 42 being given away by raffle tomorrow night at Freestate will opt for the cash!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If you are seriously considering the P238 might as well step up to the P938, hardly any larger and ammo is more readily available.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'll tolerate a full size SIG but their compacts are nothing special IMO. I k kw this won't sway any SIG fans but SIG really needs to do a better job on reliability on their compacts at the price point they charge.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'll tolerate a full size SIG but their compacts are nothing special IMO. I k kw this won't sway any SIG fans but SIG really needs to do a better job on reliability on their compacts at the price point they charge.

I don't F with Sigs very often because IMHO opinion they are generally over priced and I think the 2022 (decent price point) is trash but I heard the little guys were not worth it from a lot of cops who bought them for OD

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't F with Sigs very often because IMHO opinion they are generally over priced and I think the 2022 (decent price point) is trash but I heard the little guys were not worth it from a lot of cops who bought them for OD

They would be correct. Most of the complaints about compact guns come from Colt Mustangs, Keltecs, Rugers, and SIGS. I can usually spend a few mins on a Keltec or Rugers extractor, ramp, throat, and breach face and get them running well. Mags on Keltecs are hit/miss. The mustangs and Sings tend to have re oil assy problems, safety problems, and feed issues.

Smith and Wesson Bodyguards are not often an issue at all.

I still want a G42 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom