• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I've been working up some gallery loads for my Marlin, using Hornady 158gr XTP pistol bullets and 2400 powder. Found a good combination that does not beat your shoulder up. :D 50 yard groups were good with iron sights, I need to load some more up and go have fun. Now my wife can try shooting this fun rifle without the recoil.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Tried some more offhand at 50 yards, they shoot nice and soft. Next time I'll try some out at 100 yards. I need to get a nice rear peep sight and see if that will help out. Also need to find some more brass, out of stock everywhere I have checked. Anyone have any 35Rem brass they want to trade?

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Update.

Shot some more of this load out to 100 yards with good results. I got the load data from a old Hornady manual.
    2400 powder
    158gr XTP bullet
    Start 19.8
    Max 25.8
    I have settled on 20.0gr, went as high as 25.0gr but saw no difference in accuracy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Excellent , glad it's giving you the results you are looking for.

Just as a point of historical and semantic accuraccy , this would be termed a "Mid Range" loading. A true "Gallery" load would be a round ball or similar at mouse fart vels to be used indoors in basement or hallway.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    That's sweet OP! I'm still figuring out my 35rem. I'm not sure why I'm getting light primer strikes with my reloads. Have you been loading 35rem long?

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Have you been loading 35rem long?

For about a year, mainly just the load I've been working on. Need to find some more brass, very hard to find at the moment. I have plenty of Magnum pistol powder, hence the load I'm working on. Very fun to shoot and low recoil.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    For about a year, mainly just the load I've been working on. Need to find some more brass, very hard to find at the moment. I have plenty of Magnum pistol powder, hence the load I'm working on. Very fun to shoot and low recoil.

I just picked up an older 336 and started loading for it. Hard round to find supplies for! I look ke the idea of your gallery loads. I'm gonna have to try some.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I just picked up an older 336 and started loading for it. Hard round to find supplies for! I look ke the idea of your gallery loads. I'm gonna have to try some.

Dan, let me know how they shoot in your rifle if you load some to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom