• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Since it's not assembled it's not considered a magazine - just replacement parts, etc.

The actual assembly within MD's borders is what can get you into hot water if you were somehow caught/charged with it.

I've had 60 round magazines shipped to me (disassembled) in MD, the key is to not assemble it in MD.

Another BS Maryland "law".

MOM will send in the drones to catch you "manufacturing" your standard capacity mags in your basement. LOL!!

Useless politicians.:mad54:

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Another BS Maryland "law".

MOM will send in the drones to catch you "manufacturing" your standard capacity mags in your basement. LOL!!

Useless politicians.:mad54:

If I buy one, I'm literally taking my cell phone when I drive to Delaware to assemble and making video proof that I'm assembling out of state.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Do you feel like you are playing with fire?

Lets just say I do not like that low post count people are starting these threads and having websites named. Even if the everything that being asked is legit, these forums are open to the public and I just do not want things coming back to haunt us as a community.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Honestly it's easy to buy out of state or have them shipped to a friend out of state and pick it up. As far as documenting your assembling out of state, Aren't we innocent until proven guilty? The burden of proof on them not you. That said I do understand the CYA aspect.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Honestly it's easy to buy out of state or have them shipped to a friend out of state and pick it up. As far as documenting your assembling out of state, Aren't we innocent until proven guilty? The burden of proof on them not you. That said I do understand the CYA aspect.

There's no way anything would hold up in court. That said, I could save myself a lot of trouble by having undeniable proof that I'm not in the wrong at virtually no personal cost to myself, so in my opinion it's sort of a "why not?" thing.

Marine

Jan 10, 2013
    I literally have close to 10 mags from my time in the Marine Corps but I would rather the polymer version. Mine is the regular metal ones.

So.... I'm really just buying the rebuild kit for the polymer casing. Is this legal?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I literally have close to 10 mags from my time in the Marine Corps but I would rather the polymer version. Mine is the regular metal ones.

So.... I'm really just buying the rebuild kit for the polymer casing. Is this legal?

as long as you rebuild it out of state. in PA, WV, or VA. NOT DC, thats a entirely new felony

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom