• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Fnar is awesome ..but can you actually imagine stripping that in the field or an army issuing it? Seems like a bench only rifle.....

Oh you have a valid point. That reason is why I wont ever buy one, the other is because they choke when a suppressor is used. Otherwise they are a fantastic rifle.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    What about these 308 vepr? Suarez supposedly came out with 20 round magazine hat is metal and doesn't suck. Does anyone think 1moa is possible with match Ammo?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What about these 308 vepr? Suarez supposedly came out with 20 round magazine hat is metal and doesn't suck. Does anyone think 1moa is possible with match Ammo?

Its possible but you would have to buy 10 to find the best one. 1MOA AKs are not common.

Saiga. 308s are nice but barely fit into a DMR role due to consistency issues.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    If you're not going to assemble your own and have the money, the Fulton Armory M110 Titan.

Mark at 2A has a nice CMMG on the wall for $1350.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    I do not want dpms ...but how do armalites or rra compare to larue,lmt etc.....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    You know what... I have been seriously pondering this question myself for the last few days.

I'm going to say the Colt LE/SP901 is going to be an excellent contender. It has a monolithic/free floated upper and reportedly has great accuracy from those that have them in their hands as of now... In a year or two when these are on the market and people find out what they're capable I'd say they will be an excellent platform.

However it has not been released to the public at large or run through its paces either in torture tests or accuracy testing, so I can't recommend it yet. I am really considering one, and while I won't be a true early adopter I hope to have one within the first year they are released.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You know what... I have been seriously pondering this question myself for the last few days.

I'm going to say the Colt LE/SP901 is going to be an excellent contender. It has a monolithic/free floated upper and reportedly has great accuracy from those that have them in their hands as of now... In a year or two when these are on the market and people find out what they're capable I'd say they will be an excellent platform.

However it has not been released to the public at large or run through its paces either in torture tests or accuracy testing, so I can't recommend it yet. I am really considering one, and while I won't be a true early adopter I hope to have one within the first year they are released.

I agree completely. Using my 5.56 uppers on a .308 is a huge plus.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It looks as though, due to these and some other issues, SI's found enthusiasm for the HK platform.

My experience bears the same.

IMO the M14 and FAL are pieces of crap.

Only military type semi .308s worth a crap are HK91/G3, SCAR H, and Some AR variants are worth a crap.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Notice no LMT 308 MWS love. I have one on order with Mark at 2A, will let you know how it shoots after I'm done the 20-24 week back order.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    IMO the M14 and FAL are pieces of crap.
    :lol2: Chad is so funny. The M1A and the FAL are both long in the tooth compared to the SCAR - 50+ year step forward in engineering and material design

I'm going to say the Colt LE/SP901 is going to be an excellent contender.

The SP901 reminds me of an El Camino... or Chevy Avalanche at best. (I'll probably be shoving my foot in my mouth this time next year when the Franken-gun shoots 1/4 MOA out of the box and the USAF adopts it on the spot).

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I have an Armalite AR-10T which shoots at or under 1 moa consistantly, usually around .75 moa or so with commercial match ammo if I do my part. I haven't had a chance to shoot it since installing a Timney trigger in it so I expect that it should be able to hold the same or better. It seems to prefer the Federal 168 and Hornady 175 SMK's the best.

The only downside of the Armalite AR-10 is that the magazines are proprietary, however they have released a new series that will use the DPMS/SR25 style magazines. I personally like the steel M14 style magazines...definitely feel bomb proof!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    :lol2: Chad is so funny. The M1A and the FAL are both long in the tooth compared to the SCAR - 50+ year step forward in engineering and material design

The SP901 reminds me of an El Camino... or Chevy Avalanche at best. (I'll probably be shoving my foot in my mouth this time next year when the Franken-gun shoots 1/4 MOA out of the box and the USAF adopts it on the spot).

Well the M14 isnt so bad but I dont care what the FAL fans say, in 50 years the gun still sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom