• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 24, 2011
    Does Engage make their own 308 lowers? I tried to swing by the shop today on my way into work, but there was zero parking and I was already late. Maybe I can swing by on my way home today. I would love to get a 308 lower with the Engage logo & Rockville, MD on it.

async

May 5, 2013
    I've heard piecing together an AR-10 is quite a bit more difficult than piecing together an AR-15 because AR-10 parts aren't standardized from one manufacturer to another.

1FastSS

Mar 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I've heard piecing together an AR-10 is quite a bit more difficult than piecing together an AR-15 because AR-10 parts aren't standardized from one manufacturer to another.

Ive heard the same thing. Most go together smooth but some of the palmetto state stuff (PA10) only works with their product line

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Ive heard the same thing. Most go together smooth but some of the palmetto state stuff (PA10) only works with their product line

If you go with a DPMS pattern upper and lower, there is a standard. The DPMS pattern allows you to utilize some AR15 parts, like the trigger pack, buffer tube, stock, gas block, and gas tube.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Example of AR308 challenge:
    I found out recently that if you want to use A2 style handguard furniture with basic front site base you may need to have a barrel made with the armalite gas port dimension. This can be done on a DPMS pattern barrel. My goal is an A2 style 308 carbine with a mid-length handguard, 18 barrel, FDE.

I started out buying DPMS compatible parts thinking that's the best way to avoid problems. But I got my handguards and found them 1/4" short when I got my barrel in hand and mocked it up. So the folks at Rainier Arms figured out the issue after talking it over and swapped out my barrel for a new one. I shipped them the handguards so they could double check it per their request. Armalite carbine gas port distance was what was found to fit industry std mid-length handguards, but dpms mid length gas system distance doesn't fit A2/fsb set up in mid-length.

Hopefully I'll get the build details up on my channel in the next couple months. The way things are going... I have a few parts delivery issues I'm dealing with.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Example of AR308 challenge:
    I found out recently that if you want to use A2 style handguard furniture with basic front site base you may need to have a barrel made with the armalite gas port dimension. This can be done on a DPMS pattern barrel. My goal is an A2 style 308 carbine with a mid-length handguard, 18 barrel, FDE.

I started out buying DPMS compatible parts thinking that's the best way to avoid problems. But I got my handguards and found them 1/4" short when I got my barrel in hand and mocked it up. So the folks at Rainier Arms figured out the issue after talking it over and swapped out my barrel for a new one. I shipped them the handguards so they could double check it per their request. Armalite carbine gas port distance was what was found to fit industry std mid-length handguards, but dpms mid length gas system distance doesn't fit A2/fsb set up in mid-length.

Hopefully I'll get the build details up on my channel in the next couple months. The way things are going... I have a few parts delivery issues I'm dealing with.

Channel?

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    'Your Arsenal Advisor'. I put it in my signature just tonight. I also just started the channel recently with help from my son, so its really not so polished. But what the heck. Trying to share self help stuff I do with my arsenal to help others with theirs.

Feb 28, 2013
    If you go with a DPMS pattern upper and lower, there is a standard. The DPMS pattern allows you to utilize some AR15 parts, like the trigger pack, buffer tube, stock, gas block, and gas tube.

Their uppers won't fit Armalite lowers either.

And then there's the issue of mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom