• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there a cycling subsonic load for carbine length gas port 300 blackout?

• I own one and yes there is.

Votes: 2 28.6%
    • I own one and no there isn't.

Votes: 1 14.3%
    • I have heard from someone that there is.

Votes: 2 28.6%
    • I have heard from someone that there is not.

• Something else (Post comment).

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    no pissing match. he spoke his opinion, i recognized it as an opinion.
    How many AR platforms have you built from just parts? How many have you gauged and fixed? How many have you inspected and made reliable?

Until you can say at least 4-5 digits for that number, you're getting into a pissing match with him. He knows more about the AR platform than you and gave you advice, based on his experience. You chose to pretty much tell him to get bent. You made a pretty big mistake in that.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    How many AR platforms have you built from just parts? How many have you gauged and fixed? How many have you inspected and made reliable?

Until you can say at least 4-5 digits for that number, you're getting into a pissing match with him. He knows more about the AR platform than you and gave you advice, based on his experience. You chose to pretty much tell him to get bent. You made a pretty big mistake in that.

Lol. Clearly we have different definitions of what a pissing match is. so far it seems like only YOU are the one bent out of shape about it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    D.A. I appreciate the backup. Don't worry my friend.

The more stuff like this happens, the less I help people for free. Im not the one that suffers. ;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Lol. Clearly we have different definitions of what a pissing match is. so far it seems like only YOU are the one bent out of shape about it.

Naw. You wanted to take a jab and you took it. At least you could own it.

You just happened to take one at a guy that could clobber you about the AR platform.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014

The more stuff like this happens, the less I help people for free. Im not the one that suffers. ;)

Forgive me. You never offered help, just that carbine sucked. If you said "i've built X 300blks and none have worked for the POU it was designed for" then i would agree that it's the wrong POU or wrong design.

Saying something sucks.. with no info is not "helping".

The other day there was a post about not using "red box" or Hornady ammo because it explodes in THEIR application/POU. Does't mean its bad.. just doesn't match their POU. It's all about perspective and with no background to the claim.. you have to anticipate some discretionary to the claim.

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I try to return the good karma you showed me, my friend. I might not be around as much on MDS these days, but I still stand up for the people that have been good to me.

Even though there was the Miltec incident... :innocent0

:lol:

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Naw. You wanted to take a jab and you took it. At least you could own it.

You just happened to take one at a guy that could clobber you about the AR platform.

"could" but didn't. if you DID.. it would have been helpful as it would have been viewed as knowledge not an opinion.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Forgive me. You never offered help, just that carbine sucked. If you said "i've built X 300blks and none have worked for the POU it was designed for" then i would agree that it's the wrong POU or wrong design.

Saying something sucks.. with no info is not "helping".

The other day there was a post about not using "red box" or Hornady ammo because it explodes in THEIR application/POU. Does't mean its bad.. just doesn't match their POU. It's all about perspective and with no background to the claim.. you have to anticipate some discretionary to the claim.

You could have asked why he said that, but you are attempting to turn it around on somebody that his highly respected by the community and has done more for the community in his free time, than you'd believe. But wait, you are a 14'er, you've been here for 6 years. You should know what he has done for the forum and the people on it.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    You could have asked why he said that, but you are attempting to turn it around on somebody that his highly respected by the community and has done more for the community in his free time, than you'd believe. But wait, you are a 14'er, you've been here for 6 years. You should know what he has done for the forum and the people on it.

whomp whomp

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    yes massa. sorry massa.

Now you're just acting like a child. It is what it is. It's your loss.

What you do from here is entirely on you and the path you choose. I told you earlier to choose your path wisely, because I once walked that same path.

You could always say you were wrong and he might forgive your past transgressions, if you are sincere about your apology. Hint: He did for me, but I was sincere about my apology.

Your call on what you do now, hoss. Good luck. You'll need it after pissing off a good number of people on the forum.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Now you're just acting like a child. It is what it is. It's your loss.

What you do from here is entirely on you and the path you choose. I told you earlier to choose your path wisely, because I once walked that same path.

You could always say you were wrong and he might forgive your past transgressions, if you are sincere about your apology. Hint: He did for me, but I was sincere about my apology.

Your call on what you do now, hoss. Good luck. You'll need it after pissing off a good number of people on the forum.

Naw. its easier to let people keep their egos and man crushes.

you have 2 more years on this forum than me.. i have under 800 posts.. you have over 21.5k. you.. are a good keyboard warrior!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Naw. its easier to let people keep their egos and man crushes.

you have 2 more years on this forum than me.. i have under 800 posts.. you have over 21.5k. you.. are a good keyboard warrior!

No, it's called decency. One day you'll see the error of your ways. But then again, it might be too late. :shrug:

Well now you insinuate that I'm gay? Hmmmm..... How am I supposed to respond to that without giving you anything to twist? Ah yes, I have it! If I was gay, I wouldn't be on MDS, due to all the gay bashing that occurs.

Oh and what does post count have to do with anything around here? Are we not all equal in the eyes of Thor and his trusty sidekick The Ban Hammer?

I see how hard you are trying to troll and you're failing miserably at it.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Mixed results on the poll seem to indicate that someone is wrong or not telling the truth. I love opinions on the internet!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What buffer?

Anyway, the point of this was that some manufacturers recommend a carbine buffer for subs and h2 or h3 for supers. Here's a thread about the differences in port pressure for carbine and pistol for 300 blk...
    http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80598
    300BLK supersonic
    carbine-length gas system
    63,100 peak pressure
    11,500 port cycling presure

pistol-length gas system
    63,100 peak pressure
    20,000 port cycling pressure

300BLK subsonic
    carbine-length gas system
    24,500 peak pressure
    4,000-7,000 port cycling pressure

pistol-length gas system
    24,500 peak pressure
    11,350 port syscling pressure
    I'd say pick a sub load with the heaviest bullet you can and then work to fix any cycling issues that pop up, like picking up a lighter carrier or something...or pickup a new barrel w/ pistol gas port and adjustable block. That way, you can tune the gas up or down to shoot soft, rather than relying on a carbine gas position to shoot soft at the expense of reliability. What's your barrel length and twist?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Anyway, the point of this was that some manufacturers recommend a carbine buffer for subs and h2 or h3 for supers. Here's a thread about the differences in port pressure for carbine and pistol for 300 blk...
    http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80598

I'd say pick a sub load with the heaviest bullet you can and then work to fix any cycling issues that pop up, like picking up a lighter carrier or something...or pickup a new barrel w/ pistol gas port and adjustable block. That way, you can tune the gas up or down to shoot soft, rather than relying on a carbine gas position to shoot soft at the expense of reliability. What's your barrel length and twist?

The problem is that data does not account for gas system efficiency, coatings, tolerances, and several other things.

Smokey,

If you need help, I'll do what I can to help you. I'm not going into details here though because they don't need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom