• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Same as on 9/30 . The change is that after 10/01 that 11-20rd mags will have the same status as 30's do now.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Most of you seem to be a little ways away from Fairfax, but when i was out at the NRA o Tuesday, they had a bunch of PMAGS on the wall. $20.00 (I think)

Always a good trip to the NRA. Just check the range times if you want to shoot. The Museum is awesome

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    What about 20 round mags (or any mag over 10 rounds) that are purchased before 10/1 but set to be delivered after 10/1. Do we have to take ownership prior to 10/1 or does the purchase order rule apply in this situation as well? My M1A mags just got pushed out by SG to a shipdate of 9/30. :mad54::mad54:

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    What about 20 round mags (or any mag over 10 rounds) that are purchased before 10/1 but set to be delivered after 10/1. Do we have to take ownership prior to 10/1 or does the purchase order rule apply in this situation as well? My M1A mags just got pushed out by SG to a shipdate of 9/30. :mad54::mad54:

I'm sure you will be good. I doubt anyone is going to come knocking at your door asking for papers.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Legally you cannot take possession of mags greater than 10 rounds after 9/30. This includes those with guns you are still waiting for. ND on.

If you have any mags over 10 waiting at dealers you need to get them before 10/1

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Go to HG Hunting & Tactical, they sell 50 state legal magazine repair kits. Many styles and capacities available.

http://www.hghuntingandtactical.com/collections/california-compliant-rebuild-kits

Sure if you don't mind waiting a couple of months for your dam Order. I had a Order placed back in June 6th 2013, still hasn't freaking shipped yet. I email them more then several times of my Order. The lasted excuse is my Order got lost in the Warehouse never shipped. Well duh....email them back to see if I am going to get another USPS tracking confirmation....I haven't heard back from them yet. I am about to cancel the darn Order.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Contact them and explain the situation.

To be legal, no you cannot receive them.

But they could send them as Mag KITS (disassembled) and you can receive them,

There is a gray area if you can assemble the kits in MD or not (or at least some disagreement). I would just drive over the line (except to DC) and assemble them. :)

Another option, have them shipped to an out of state address. A friend or relative. Or shipped and HELD at a UPS or FedEx office outside MD, then pick them up.

stupid

Jun 13, 2013
    What if you have something blatently against the rules, like if I were to go to PA and buy a 200 round drum magazine for an AR-15 and bring it back to maryland? I feel like something like that could potentially cause a huge problem if the msp want to hassle you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom