• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    So I know the possession of these mags is not banned, though the sale of them is. Anyone know if a buddy can mail them to me or would that be breaking the law?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    There is no place in MD that is more than an hour from a "free" state. Go to a gun show or gun shop in an ajoining state and get what you want.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    TW firearms is usually stocked with G3 pmags. Thats where I got all of mine. But I'm looking for aluminium mags with the tan follower. I'm not really trying to go out of my way to get magazines. And I'm not a SHTF type of person so I dont see the need to hoard mags either.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    And I'm not a SHTF type of person so I dont see the need to hoard mags either.

I like to have all my ammo for a range session loaded in mags. You can never have too many of them :innocent0

To shoot off a table, I actually like the maryland style 10 rounders. They are just gawdawful expensive for having such a low capacity.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    TW firearms is usually stocked with G3 pmags. Thats where I got all of mine. But I'm looking for aluminium mags with the tan follower. I'm not really trying to go out of my way to get magazines. And I'm not a SHTF type of person so I dont see the need to hoard mags either.

Right, you kind of answered your own question here. You can't get there from here. So you have to go out of your way if you want them. Your other option, which I have used, is to use a business travel opportunity to a free state, to stock up. You can take them in your checked baggage. I brought some home from Texas that way. Completely legal the way the law is written.

Also, another legal way is to have someone (Joe Bobs will do it for you...) ship you "rebuild kits" and then you would assemble them "in another state" to remain legal within the confines of the law.

You are also probably smart enough to realize what you "could" do, and how it could possibly be enforced. Not saying to break the law or anything.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I like to have all my ammo for a range session loaded in mags. You can never have too many of them :innocent0

To shoot off a table, I actually like the maryland style 10 rounders. They are just gawdawful expensive for having such a low capacity.

Shooting AR off a table with bipod, I use both the 10 & 20 rounders. As you preloaded.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter

let me know if you have trouble finding good followers. I might have a few magpuls lying around.:innocent0

thai

May 8, 2013
    Hey guys quick question,
    It possible to transfer something you already own, to your self. For example: I want to take my AR10 hog hunting. I will be flying so I mail my rifle and 20 rd magazines to myself out of state and mail it back to my self on the return trip. Am I going to have issues on the return shipping?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Hey guys quick question,
    It possible to transfer something you already own, to your self. For example: I want to take my AR10 hog hunting. I will be flying so I mail my rifle and 20 rd magazines to myself out of state and mail it back to my self on the return trip. Am I going to have issues on the return shipping?

That question never results in a quick answer around here.

I am not sure you can mail or ship a rifle to yourself. True or not, the consensus in other threads is that MD would probably consider your mag transfer as illegal. Your risk of getting caught is small unless someone on the shipping end felt the need to take a moral stand against guns and knew something about MD law.

I would prefer to fly with my own firearms than trust a shipper. I can put all the mags I want in my suitcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom