• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    I paid and filled out paperwok for M&P15 at bass pro on Thursday August 29. i stopped by today and looked at couple 9mm with 15 rounds magazine. The guy told me that i am shit out of luck because it is too late by october 1st if i purhase on September 29th. Any idea so i can buy a 15 rounds hand gun before the 10 rounds ban.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Industry Partners

I paid and filled out paperwok for M&P15 at bass pro on Thursday August 29. i stopped by today and looked at couple 9mm with 15 rounds magazine. The guy told me that i am shit out of luck because it is too late by october 1st if i purhase on September 29th. Any idea so i can buy a 15 rounds hand gun before the 10 rounds ban.

I'm sure others will chime in who know more than I... but Bass Pro may be right. You can only buy 1 regulated gun (like a handgun) every 30 days. Also, different dealers have different waiting period after you buy a gun but the shortest waiting period is 8 days.

I'm not sure, but you might try to locate a dealer that has an 8 day waiting period and see if you can get then an order in at least 8 days before the end of the month... maybe one of then 8 day release dealers (industry partners) will see this thread and can comment...

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    Yea, so since you won't be able to pick up the first regulated firearm until, let's say, 7 Sep, you would not be able to pick up an additional regulated firearm until after 1 Oct when the new laws take effect.

If you plan on getting your HQL, you can still purchase a handgun capable of holding 10+ magazines. You simply cannot take possession of said magazines inside the State of Maryland. If you know what you want, you could buy those mags now as to have them post - 1 Oct.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Buy two of them at the same time, which would mean a 60 day wait. Get them both in 8 days. No more regulated take possessions for 60 days for you, but that wouldn't matter.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I think you're out of luck now. Had you bought the handgun first, you could've bought the AR on Sept 29th.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Thats what i was told that i did paperwork a few days and i have to wait now. i want a hand
    gun over 15 rounds

So then get one. Take possession of the magazines now. However since you will not be able to pick the gun up until after 10/1, you will be required to get the HQL.

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    Can he buy the handgun, not take possesion of the rifle and then pick up the handgun before Oct.1st? He won't need the HQL to pick up the rifle and will have a legitimate purchase order.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    https://marylandshallissue.com/2013/07/msi-update-7-16/

MSP has confirmed that dealers may legally release firearm on the 8th day if they have not received a 'disapproved' or 'hold' from the MSP before the 8th day.

this has been public knowledge since mid-july of 2013.

please do not do business with any gun shop or dealer that will not release on day 8.

-----------------------------------

also... magazines do not require any paperwork or waiting period. stock up now on 11+ round magazines. buy them before the gun paperwork comes in. the term 'you snooze, you lose' applies very nicely in this case.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    https://marylandshallissue.com/2013/07/msi-update-7-16/

MSP has confirmed that dealers may legally release firearm on the 8th day if they have not received a 'disapproved' or 'hold' from the MSP before the 8th day.

this has been public knowledge since mid-july of 2013.

please do not do business with any gun shop or dealer that will not release on day 8.

-----------------------------------

also... magazines do not require any paperwork or waiting period. stock up now on 11+ round magazines. buy them before the gun paperwork comes in. the term 'you snooze, you lose' applies very nicely in this case.

His issue was not with the 8th day release, but rather the 30 day wait between regulated purchases.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Can he buy the handgun, not take possesion of the rifle and then pick up the handgun before Oct.1st? He won't need the HQL to pick up the rifle and will have a legitimate purchase order.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Go talk to the guys at BPS. See if they are willing to release the handgun to you 8 days after you pay for it and then release the AR to you 30 days later sometime in October. We all know that MSP will NOT have the NICS or Form 77r back anytime within the next 100 days. Ultimately, it is up to you are your dealer to make sure that there is 30 days between pickup dates.

Or, you can cancel the AR purchase (this can be done), but the handgun, get it in the pipeline, then buy the AR. Or, cancel the AR purchase and purchase both the AR and handgun on a single Form 77r as part of a dealer deal and take possession of both at 8+ days from the date of paperwork submission to the MSP.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    I think what he meant is he filled a paper work aug 29. if the dealer releases it within 8 days, he will take possession by Sept. 6. there is no way he will get another one until oct. 6 even if he order another one anytime. if he took possession aug 29 then he can purchase again anytime and pick it up sept. 29...;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Go to 8 day releasing dealer and buy handgun of choice.
    When BPS calls that rifle is ready to pick up , don't go and pick it up until 30 days after picking up handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom