3 very unique stolen handguns (.22 cal. Colt Woodsman, Walther P38 9MM, Beretta P90)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdmactech

Jun 10, 2009
    At the suggestion of a senior member of the forum, I'm posting this in a new thread to "get more eyes" on it. I hope this is cool.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I was searching for a place to get friendly handgun shopping help and suggestions and found this site. If anyone has tips on where a novice handgun person can get help picking out something new for protection, and what the rules in AA Co. for carrying in a place of business is I welcome any tips!

I was recently hit by a professional group of thieves and they made off with three handguns, two of them are super unique, so I wanted to get something out there in case someone saw them somewhere. I was broken into on May 30th.

#1 Colt .22 woodsman, custom wood grips and custom handmade holster. Not something you see often and it's super, super clean and has some custom work done on it.

#2 Walther 9mm P38 (I think) It's pretty well used and has custom "blond" wood hand grips. It's shaped to fit your fist. I'm not sure what that's called. It was in a US Army "suicide flap" leather holster with US on the flap.

#3 Beretta 9mm P90 it's lightly used but it's older. I suspect it's close to 20 years old.

All three were inherited from my grandfather who was a Lifetime NRA member and very avid shooter and sportsmen. The Colt Woodsmen pistol was a gift from my grandmother to my grandfather on their wedding anniversary, so I am pretty torn up about that one. #1 & #2 we in a locked night drop safe about 22 inches high and 14 inches across. It was beige in color. This was all reported to AA Co, police. I recorded serial numbers when I got the guns in 1996, but I have not been able to find the file where I made note of the collection and the all of the serial numbers.

I will offer a $500 reward for the return of any or all (or for info that might lead to an arrest)

Just in case somebody makes a connection on this case, 5 Macintosh computers, 3 iPod touch, and $500 in cash was also taken at same time. I don't think that info will be helpful here but you never know.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Please private msg. me if you have any ideas/thoughts/leads.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Make sure that all local pawn shops have as much info as you can give them and check gunbroker too. Can't hurt.

Don't forget about ebay for the Ipods and other stuff. Do they have any leads? Also, was the house really tossed or was it somewhat still organized? Just those certain items missing. Next thing you can do is to think about anyone you have shown those guns to, and I mean pull them out of the safe or whatever with them standing right them. Or even had them appraised by. Sorry to hear about it though.

kevoxlfx

Jan 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    Guns locked in your safe are worthless .... ive told the police before just because its not chained down doesnt make it right for some one to take them.

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    Guns locked in your safe are worthless .... ive told the police before just because its not chained down doesnt make it right for some one to take them.

just depends on how fast you can get in...and your right it doesn't make it right but if the a**holes can't get to them they can't have them. just my $0.02:party29:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    try looking for your non gun stuff on craigslist. im pretty sure most stuff on there is being fenced.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about you getting ripped off. I would contact gun dealers, not just in your area but maybe Virginia as well, with descriptions. Not to bash the LEO's, but they probably can't do anything so won't .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom