• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I didn't see a thread, so hopefully not a dupe.

Link to story:
    Frederick News Post

I am not sure if the National Park rules within MD borders follow the state's no-CCW restriction for state parks.
    VA and PA and WV are totally free to CCW except in NPS buildings (from what I understand).

"A woman walking along the C&O Canal Towpath near Point of Rocks on Wednesday night narrowly escaped after being attacked by a man who she says watched her begin her route, then staked out the trailhead, waiting for her to return."

and

In a last-ditch effort to scare him off, the woman told her attacker that she could not believe he waited for her. She lied and told the man she had taken a picture of his license plate earlier, prompting him to grab at her phone.

The woman finally broke free after she threw her phone, prompting the man to release her and go after the device. She ran away and used her Apple Watch to call 911.

and
    A press release from the Park Service on Thursday described the attacker as a white man with a medium to heavy build who is approximately 6 feet tall.

He had a red or strawberry blond beard and was wearing a baseball cap, a dark hoodie, dark pants and a pair of boots at the time of the attack.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I walk that area of the Point of Rocks towpath often. Not a place for a woman alone to be after dark. Teenagers hang out under the bridge and fisherman at the common points between the towpath and Potomac River. Yes, if you have a carry permit your golden at that location.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland

Link to story:
    Frederick News Post

I am not sure if the National Park rules within MD borders follow the state's no-CCW restriction for state parks.
    VA and PA and WV are totally free to CCW except in NPS buildings (from what I understand).

and

and
    Sounds like she described the Honest Outlaw on YT:

1709944813683.png

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    People, women in particular, need to realize their exposure. Gotta be smart about where you go and when you go there.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    scary stuff. my wife hikes a lot with our dog, along the AT, w&od, c&o and the like. you just never know.
    I am trying to convince my wife that walking the park (Northwest Branch) that my property abuts is safer than walking out on the streets.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Reminder: The murderer of Rachel Morin, on the Ma and Pa trail last year, still hasn't been caught. These trails offer lots of opportunity for criminals. Everyone needs to prepare accordingly.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    such as?

i think we'd all prefer it to be made up vs a real predator out there.
    "In a last-ditch effort to scare him off, the woman told her attacker that she could not believe he waited for her. She lied and told the man she had taken a picture of his license plate earlier, prompting him to grab at her phone.

The woman finally broke free after she threw her phone, prompting the man to release her and go after the device. She ran away and used her Apple Watch to call 911. "

That sounds like a Jussie Smollett story.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    "In a last-ditch effort to scare him off, the woman told her attacker that she could not believe he waited for her. She lied and told the man she had taken a picture of his license plate earlier, prompting him to grab at her phone.

The woman finally broke free after she threw her phone, prompting the man to release her and go after the device. She ran away and used her Apple Watch to call 911. "

It would be trivial to look at her device logs and see if she indeed made the call from her watch.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015

Link to story:
    Frederick News Post

The NPS specifically prohibits CCW on C&O canal property. It is posted at many locations .

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Or that he fell for the old “here boy, go get it” golden retriever fake ball fetch trick to distract him.

It does have a whiff of implausibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom