3/10 MoCo event for 2A rights supporters to show a presence.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    My question is at this point in the process of passing this bill why are they now in the liberal utopia of MoCo trying to convince people that more gun control is what we need? Does this mean we are having an effect?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Ended 25 min early and did not ask but only only question I put in, which was also asked by others: SRO status. SRO status was - we had 28 and now have 6 in MD. The crowd gasped!

I think she noticed that I asked about SROs, and then decide to skip all the rest of my questions after that. Apparently they are not friendly to 1A or 2A :)

Repeat offender % of gun violence, # of straw purchase convictions were not asked.

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Also not asked was why some states have instant background checks and md takes 40 days. Does md contribute to fed database was not asked

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Sounds like a pretty normal thing for MoCo politicians. Don't give anyone enough time to ask a question that they can't talk their way out of. Pitiful, just pitiful and shameful. Your right, dog and pony show so they can say they did it.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    My question is at this point in the process of passing this bill why are they now in the liberal utopia of MoCo trying to convince people that more gun control is what we need? Does this mean we are having an effect?

Good question...hopefully so!

Sounds like a pretty normal thing for MoCo politicians. Don't give anyone enough time to ask a question that they can't talk their way out of. Pitiful, just pitiful and shameful. Your right, dog and pony show so they can say they did it.

Yeah, really shameful. I suppose should have known when they announced the written questions only thing...ah well, such is life

Also not asked was - what is the difference between a military "assault" rifle and a similar civilian version. Sorry for 20 posts...flakey wireless connection and I did not want to retype the whole thing.

Once guy tried to have some back and forth - claimed that Australia gun violence went up after the gun bans. At that point they all pulled out their "assault" rifles and riddled him with bullets... figuratively of course :)

Robert Helmuth, Directory of Security for MoCo Public Schools, said that guns are not the biggest problem. He said ~ that student coping skills with anger are the bigger issue.

The Rabbi and Meditation speaker also did not hammer guns, which was nice :)

I took off after they wrapped up early. I am feeling my time is better spent recruiting people into the gun community - shameless thread plug - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=110855

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Pure unadulterated BULLSH!TE... A panel that consists of all Anti-gun libertards. Gansler gets to speak first and spews the same BS as always and then says he can't stay for the Q&A. Looked like he had a rough night and barely made it out of bed for the 3 O'clock panel. He bolted about 2 mins before the Q&A started.

The Q&A was BS as well total of 4 questions asked and I was sitting next to the table that was collecting and collating the questions. There had to 40 or more cards. I submitted 8 questions that were completely ignored.

The Highlights include the following:

Gansler: He dug deep and went all the way back to the DC Sniper case and then piled up the bodies of Newtown kids and stood on top crowing about the "Crisis at hand". The asshat said that SOCTUS has told us in Heller the 'first time, the 2nd amendment is an individual right with 3 limitations.:
    1. "Your allowed to have a handgun"
    2. "Your allowed to have it in your home only"
    3. "Your allowed to use it for self-defense."
    He even said "we don't want people walking down the street with an AK47" I thought he said that was ok and the reason we don't need CC in MD.

Chief Manger of Montgomery Count: He piled up the bodies from Newtown and stood on top as well. Said Adam Lansa "got the guns from his mother as a birthday present". I hadn't heard that before, has anyone else? Said they took 700 guns off the street from mentally unstable people. I was able to speak with him briefly after and he is a nice guy. I really think he is in our corner but the political winds push him to support the gun grab. I asked him why we need a gun registry. He said to cut down on straw purchases. He said some BS about the difference between a right and a privilege and driving a car. I told gun ownership is a right and there is no reason to register a gun. It would do no more good is stopping straw purchases and thefts than registering a car prevents theft and people from borrowing a car to go drunk driving.

I also asked him of the 700 guns the confiscated how many of them were they unable to trace back to the original purchaser? He said he didn't know but thought the number was pretty small. I asked him why then do we need a registry if you can already track down the purchaser. He said it would make the job easier. I said it would also make it easier for them to confiscate guns later on should they choose to do so. Of course he said that would never happen and I asked him if he could guarantee that? His answer was no.

Ironically, he also spoke about how we don't want to infringe on the right mentally unstable people who seek help from being banned to own guns. I pointed out that they were attempting to ban certain guns and make it much harder for people to own guns that had done nothing wrong. Why wasn't he concerned about infringing on my rights? His answer was a moment in coming and was basically its a complicated question. That there was not a single answer that would solve the problem and make everyone happy. I told him that is what the MD legislature is trying to do with SB281 and it is a huge ball of laws that will most like do more harm and little good. He did agree with me on this point. All in all a good guy but he won't stand up for our rights in the end as his lively hood is tied to the support of the gun grabbers.

While speaking with Manger another gun grabber came up as I was telling Manger that last year 0 people died from being shot by a rifle, while 300+ died from handguns, knives, hands and fists. Why are you in support of banning rifles? The guy who walked up said "We are trying to ban Automatic rifles". I told him no they are trying to ban semi-automatic rifles. I told him automatic rifles have been banned federally since 1934. Gun grabber said " you mean machine guns"? I told him yes automatic rifles are machine guns. Gun grabber, "you can make a semi-automatic rifle fully automatic". I told him, "yes you can but that is already a federal crime and not easy to do correctly". Manger asked me what I thought about a 10 round magazine ban. I told him it makes no difference. "Your a police officer, how long does it take you to swap out a magazine? Not long enough to matter, and even if you have 30 round magazine they tend to jam more often then not and it takes more time to clear a jam then reload a magazine." He agreed.

Ike Leggett is a smart man but is wrong on gun control. He said you can't talk to the leadership of the NRA. I am not sure what he is doing talking to the leadership of the NRA or how much interaction he actually had. He supports registration of firearms. I asked him why? He again said to cut down on straw purchases and make it easier to find out who sold a gun. I told him that 3,000 guns that were originally sold in MD were confiscated by the police last year and traced back to the original purchaser yet not a single one was prosecuted. The police had no trouble finding out who owns the firearm so why do we need a registry? He tried to say then if there is already a record then you shouldn't mind registration. I told him the investigators have to get subpoena and go to the firearm manufacture, gun shop and the end purchaser. The records are not in a central repository subject to future abuse by authorities or other criminals (hackers and Newspapers:mad54:).
    Someone stepped in and interrupted the conversation and he ran off.

All in all there were probably 30 people there as well as 99.1 radio station. I would say there were 10 or so pro-gun people there. Total ban gun fest. The Rev. even went to how about amending the Constitution to clarify the restrictions on the 2nd Amendment (that made the panel squirm) and also suggested the 2nd Amendment and Constitution were written in a different time and are outdated. :crazy:

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    Those videos are private.

I came at about 4 pm. I wanted to know if they have answered question "if criminals can carry, why couldn't law-abiding citizens?" I was surprised to see that they would not ask your questions. How shameful.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Klunatic, thanks for stepping up and asking the tough questions. I had always assumed Manger was an anti-gunowner koolaid drinker. Maybe I have been wrong .. . .

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    Ended 25 min early and did not ask but only only question I put in, which was also asked by others: SRO status. SRO status was - we had 28 and now have 6 in MD. The crowd gasped!

I think she noticed that I asked about SROs, and then decide to skip all the rest of my questions after that. Apparently they are not friendly to 1A or 2A :)

Repeat offender % of gun violence, # of straw purchase convictions were not asked.

What's an SRO?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Klunatic, thanks for stepping up and asking the tough questions. I had always assumed Manger was an anti-gunowner koolaid drinker. Maybe I have been wrong .. . .

From my notes, Manger made 3 main points:
    1. School Safety
    2. Gun Violence
    3. Community Mental Health

He also mentioned that penalties for illegal weapons have been inconsistently enforced.

As was mentioned, he did pile up the Newtown bodies. Having said that, I dont think he has drank as much of the kool-aid as others

Last edited:

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Pure unadulterated BULLSH!TE... A panel that consists of all Anti-gun libertards. Gansler gets to speak first and spews the same BS as always and then says he can't stay for the Q&A. Looked like he had a rough night and barely made it out of bed for the 3 O'clock panel. He bolted about 2 mins before the Q&A started.

The Q&A was BS as well total of 4 questions asked and I was sitting next to the table that was collecting and collating the questions. There had to 40 or more cards. I submitted 8 questions that were completely ignored.

The Highlights include the following:

Gansler: He dug deep and went all the way back to the DC Sniper case and then piled up the bodies of Newtown kids and stood on top crowing about the "Crisis at hand". The asshat said that SOCTUS has told us in Heller the 'first time, the 2nd amendment is an individual right with 3 limitations.:
    1. "Your allowed to have a handgun"
    2. "Your allowed to have it in your home only"
    3. "Your allowed to use it for self-defense."
    He even said "we don't want people walking down the street with an AK47" I thought he said that was ok and the reason we don't need CC in MD.

Chief Manger of Montgomery Count: He piled up the bodies from Newtown and stood on top as well. Said Adam Lansa "got the guns from his mother as a birthday present". I hadn't heard that before, has anyone else? Said they took 700 guns off the street from mentally unstable people. I was able to speak with him briefly after and he is a nice guy. I really think he is in our corner but the political winds push him to support the gun grab. I asked him why we need a gun registry. He said to cut down on straw purchases. He said some BS about the difference between a right and a privilege and driving a car. I told gun ownership is a right and there is no reason to register a gun. It would do no more good is stopping straw purchases and thefts than registering a car prevents theft and people from borrowing a car to go drunk driving.

I also asked him of the 700 guns the confiscated how many of them were they unable to trace back to the original purchaser? He said he didn't know but thought the number was pretty small. I asked him why then do we need a registry if you can already track down the purchaser. He said it would make the job easier. I said it would also make it easier for them to confiscate guns later on should they choose to do so. Of course he said that would never happen and I asked him if he could guarantee that? His answer was no.

Ironically, he also spoke about how we don't want to infringe on the right mentally unstable people who seek help from being banned to own guns. I pointed out that they were attempting to ban certain guns and make it much harder for people to own guns that had done nothing wrong. Why wasn't he concerned about infringing on my rights? His answer was a moment in coming and was basically its a complicated question. That there was not a single answer that would solve the problem and make everyone happy. I told him that is what the MD legislature is trying to do with SB281 and it is a huge ball of laws that will most like do more harm and little good. He did agree with me on this point. All in all a good guy but he won't stand up for our rights in the end as his lively hood is tied to the support of the gun grabbers.

While speaking with Manger another gun grabber came up as I was telling Manger that last year 0 people died from being shot by a rifle, while 300+ died from handguns, knives, hands and fists. Why are you in support of banning rifles? The guy who walked up said "We are trying to ban Automatic rifles". I told him no they are trying to ban semi-automatic rifles. I told him automatic rifles have been banned federally since 1934. Gun grabber said " you mean machine guns"? I told him yes automatic rifles are machine guns. Gun grabber, "you can make a semi-automatic rifle fully automatic". I told him, "yes you can but that is already a federal crime and not easy to do correctly". Manger asked me what I thought about a 10 round magazine ban. I told him it makes no difference. "Your a police officer, how long does it take you to swap out a magazine? Not long enough to matter, and even if you have 30 round magazine they tend to jam more often then not and it takes more time to clear a jam then reload a magazine." He agreed.

Ike Leggett is a smart man but is wrong on gun control. He said you can't talk to the leadership of the NRA. I am not sure what he is doing talking to the leadership of the NRA or how much interaction he actually had. He supports registration of firearms. I asked him why? He again said to cut down on straw purchases and make it easier to find out who sold a gun. I told him that 3,000 guns that were originally sold in MD were confiscated by the police last year and traced back to the original purchaser yet not a single one was prosecuted. The police had no trouble finding out who owns the firearm so why do we need a registry? He tried to say then if there is already a record then you shouldn't mind registration. I told him the investigators have to get subpoena and go to the firearm manufacture, gun shop and the end purchaser. The records are not in a central repository subject to future abuse by authorities or other criminals (hackers and Newspapers:mad54:).
    Someone stepped in and interrupted the conversation and he ran off.

All in all there were probably 30 people there as well as 99.1 radio station. I would say there were 10 or so pro-gun people there. Total ban gun fest. The Rev. even went to how about amending the Constitution to clarify the restrictions on the 2nd Amendment (that made the panel squirm) and also suggested the 2nd Amendment and Constitution were written in a different time and are outdated. :crazy:

Thank You for being there. Just used your wont forget pledge as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom