• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    From what I can tell, nary a word of the event on local tv stations. Hope you get more coverage tomorrow.

Noticed that too. Not sure it’s because of a media blackout, or the promoters didn’t even try to engage mainstream media.

I'd go with media blackout in favor of covering the parade. A 2A rally does NOT fit the "bread and circuses" narrative. On the upside, I've been seeing it advertised on every gun blog/list I'm subscribed to.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I'd go with media blackout in favor of covering the parade. A 2A rally does NOT fit the "bread and circuses" narrative. On the upside, I've been seeing it advertised on every gun blog/list I'm subscribed to.
    Maybe, but in that case why wasn’t there anything in the news prior to the World Series victory? :shrug:

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    Today was pretty awesome! I expected a bigger crowd from the DMV and met people from Ohio and Colorado. Speakers from all over the country of all ethnicities, genders (there’s only two), backgrounds, the YouTube community, etc. showed up to discuss what 2A means to them and some really good talking points. Some of which are rarely discussed and should be in your pocket such as battery and the LGBT community. So far Breitbart has the best video of speeches... https://youtu.be/o4iy11Fq7yA

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    After the rally, my son wanted to check out the other side of the Capitol building. Great rally! Great weather! Great memories!

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpg
      IMG_1221.jpg
      108.9 KB · Views: 462

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Surprisingly, it really wasn't a bad article considering WAMU is our local NPR affiliate.

Aside from the opening.

More than a thousand gun rights activists gathered at the U.S. Capitol on Saturday for what organizers call the first rally of its kind.

I'm not a pro at crowdsizing. However, I'd say "More than a thousand", while technically accurate, is way understating the turnout.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Is there any truth about the SSRI drugs?

Speaker stated that most of the recent school Shooters were on it, and aggression is a known side effect. I know it was brought up on here, but I forget.

Almost all people with mental illness are on SSRIs. Mr. Prince’s assertion was about as ignorant as I’ve heard regarding those with mental illness. If you read between the lines, he’s basically saying if you take an SSRI, you should be under enhanced scrutiny at best. Perhaps banned from firearm ownership at worst. He should tread lightly here. The Nazis had the same attitude toward the mentally ill. At least 10% of his audience took an SSRI this morning.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    A few pics for today's 2A Rally

It was an honor and privilege for me, my wife and kids to be in attendance with so many of my fellow patriots to support and defend our sacred Constitutional rights from the tyrants who would gladly strip them from us. Ran into a few of our own MD Shooters there as well as our folks from Patriot Picket.

Attachments

• PatriotPicket_sm.jpg
      PatriotPicket_sm.jpg
      100.3 KB · Views: 452
    • Crowd1_sm.jpg
      Crowd1_sm.jpg
      102.5 KB · Views: 445
    • GabbyFranco_sm.jpg
      GabbyFranco_sm.jpg
      101.9 KB · Views: 427
    • Crowd2_sm.jpg
      Crowd2_sm.jpg
      98.3 KB · Views: 455
    Last edited:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I did not know what to expect. The quality and range of speakers was impressive. The personal stories from Venezuala and Philippines were impactful. One thing that was covered were real world solution to reduce gun deaths including suicide prevention and a school safe program. These are the solutions that should be presented to the "Act Now" crowd.

I am sorry I did not get to meet any of the MDshooters, but glad I attended.

Dippah

Feb 23, 2013
    To all the threadsters, just let it be known we’re in this together. Let no divide come between us cause that’s what the opposition wants. Be steadfast and capable.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Lol.
    71a42b9bbdec554153321655a3800a8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I couldn’t figure them out. Harmless, but made me wonder what was up.

Side note: Parked at Union Station and took a $20 bill just for that purpose. Found out at the exit gate it’s only credit cards for getting out. Lucky that at last minute I threw a Visa debt card in my wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom