• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I will wear the 'Murica hat you gave me in your stead.

You are a true patriot sir. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, and thank you for all that you do to help our cause.

Weather sounds like it will be much better this year than any rally before.

I fondly remember last year, a group of about 10 of us were all walking together after the rally to get lunch, we were all wearing (MSI) blue scarfs. A police officer pulled up in a police wagon and jokingly asked if we were all in a gang. We joked back and said 'sorta'. Fun times. How often do you see a group of smartly 'older guys' all walking in Annapolis down the allies, all wearing the same color blue scarfs. :)

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Overboost -- I'm in the same boat. This workin' stuff keeps gettin' in the way of more important things! Are you still up for Chick and Ruth's breakfast?

JoeR
    I am going to do my best to be there. May be closer to 8:30. Have a conference call at 9:30 and then a meeting over in Silver Spring at 1:30.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    Three years ago, O'Malley ram-rodded FSA2013 through the MGA, with instructions to Miller, Busch, Dumais, and his other lieutenants to shoot down amendments and get it passed.

It was seen then as an important building block for O'Malley's future Presidential aspirations, and the Maryland Democratic power elite did their job.

Ahem... Tonight, after touting his passage of FSA2013 at every opportunity during his Presidential campaign and the Democratic debates, O'Malley has <1% in the Iowa Caucuses.

Maybe a chant or cheer (raspberries?), or at least acknowledgment of some sort would be appropriate on 2A Tuesday. Just a thought. Not to gloat, or anything. :)

Sent 2/1/2016 at 11:12 PM

I wanted you to be first to know: tonight, I am suspending my campaign for the presidency.

Iowa has been like a second home for me this past year. From college campuses to family farms, I have had the privilege of getting to know Iowans whose passion for our democracy is unmatched.

I want to thank everyone who came out to our events, and lent me their ear. Everyone who went out to caucus for me tonight, and lent me their voice. I give you my deepest gratitude.

Together we all stood up for working people, for new Americans, for the future of the Earth and the safety of our children. We put these issues at the front of our party’s agenda—these are the issues that serve the best interests of our nation.

The road has been long, but our course has been true. A great many people have put their time and talents into my campaign and I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.

Whoever our nominee is, we must all hold strong, together.

You and I, must hold strong for that mom and dad who are working 3 jobs between them and sweating about how they’re going to pay the bills.

We must hold strong for the future of all of America’s children—black and white—for a country with equal justice under the law and equal opportunity for all.

We must hold strong for our senior citizens who have given their all for our country and are left now to choose between food and medicine.

We must hold strong for Latinos and Muslims and everyone defending us against the demagogues.

We must hold strong for the future of Americas cities home of our greatest challenges and greatest opportunities.

We must hold strong to our beliefs. A belief in the dignity of every person. A belief in our own responsibility to advance the common good we share. We all must hold strong to what this country truly is, can be, and should be, and must be.

Thank you for your support,
    Martin O’Malley

:D

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Unable to make it. I wish I could but today is not a good day. Pain day here with my back.. Please post on how it went... My thoughts and prayers will be with you all today and the best of luck to you all as well.... So sorry I can not make it...

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I can't make it this year. I was supposed to be off work but they put me on the schedule last minute yesterday. 8 hours pf overtime is hard to pass up.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Wendy went down to walk around and talk to the deaf in the State House. We can't give up the fight. As she puts it "If you don't have the 2A then they can and will come for all your guns including the hunting/trap ones". So she will be down again for Thursday rally for hunters and hunter related issues. Chris

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Went to see my reps, then stopped by the guv's office to see if he was in. Apparently I wasn't supposed to be up there on the 2nd floor, but one of his aides gave me his card to send an email.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    ..... but one of his aides gave me his card to send an email.

Tell you what, email it me, I'll make a short video of me crumpling it up and throwing in the can while laughing.

This way you'll actually GET something out of the experience. :sad20:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks for that, and thank you for all that you do to help our cause.

Weather sounds like it will be much better this year than any rally before.

I fondly remember last year, a group of about 10 of us were all walking together after the rally to get lunch, we were all wearing (MSI) blue scarfs. A police officer pulled up in a police wagon and jokingly asked if we were all in a gang. We joked back and said 'sorta'. Fun times. How often do you see a group of smartly 'older guys' all walking in Annapolis down the allies, all wearing the same color blue scarfs. :)

I wore my blue scarf, thanks to someone you know MM. :innocent0

Great weather, good crowd. My guess is around 200 or so. Quite a few Delagates and a few Senators showed up.

So less than 1/100th of the population attended and you expect to sway the anti gunners in the GA....Owe Malley got 150 times that in Iowa and quit....every year it's the same. Your strategy doesn't work...

Liberals base their agenda on manipulating emotions because they lack common sense....Shaming them would be a better tactic....but of course you don't want to hurt their feelings now do you.....

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    And just where would we be if none of has had done anything??!!

If you have a better idea, please step up.

If there was a big beast of a bill on the table, I can safely say more would of us be there. The reason there isn't is because a) our people have been working with the critters, and b) the critters know we're still out here.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Circa 2012? Exactly where we are now.

Real measure will be if any bills get to see the light of day for a vote. What a joke that after literally hundreds testify in FAVOR OF a bill,..... it doesn't even make it out of committee.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

If there was a big beast of a bill on the table, I can safely say more would of us be there. The reason there isn't is because a) our people have been working with the critters, and b) the critters know we're still out here.

Not burning a day of leave...

Exactly where I (and everyone else is) today. Nothing has gotten better, only more anti 2A laws.

I have better ideas but they don't fit into your agenda. Simply because you "have always done it this way" doesn't mean it will eventually work...

Let me ask you this...Did you get your renewal? I hope so, that way next time you are interviewed on the radio you can actually speak out against the MSP LD without worrying the might deny you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom