• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    All I can say is this is a sad day in MDS history. I have dealt with both IP's and had nothing but good service from both. Mistakes were made that should not have been. I just wish this could have been resolved so both IP's could still do business together. Nobody wins this way, we all really are the loser in this deal. This has forced folks to take sides in a time when we REALLY need to stick together. I hope that in the future fences can be mended, if not life will go on.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Ho
    Lee
    chit

The drama queenery in this thread is epic. I'm a fan of both of these establishments, but the public tantrum displayed by the OP is pretty pathetic.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    ?????????

JBO's customer is also a customer of 2A Sales! Who ever advised JBO to transfer to 2A Sales is probably a previous customer of 2A Sales. It is the customers responsibility to notify the FFL that they (the customer) is shipping something to the FFL.

And if they don't notify what is the ffl to do? Accept guns he had no clue where being shipped to him? Then spend their time trying to figure out who they where for. I'm sorry but if guns randomly showed up at my shop I would return them to the sender.

Walker

Nov 16, 2012
    Somerset County
    Ho
    Lee
    chit

The drama queenery in this thread is epic. I'm a fan of both of these establishments, but the public tantrum displayed by the OP is pretty pathetic.

It's amazing how quick everyones took sides on all this. I read both posts from each vendor and in each thread people are saying "Well, i'll never deal with that vendor again!" and for what? Over an issue that didn't involve them? I've never dealt with either of these vendors but i will if i ever drive by 2A or i see something i like from JoeBob i buy from both. i'm not going to let an issue that didn't concern me sway my decision on a future purchase. At a time when the gun community needs to be sticking together it's amazing how something as simple as an issue between 2 vendors has split the community in half. Maybe we all need to step back from the keyboard take a deep breath and have a beer. Wish you all were in my area i'd invite you all over for a few Erdinger's.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    This is too funny, I don't think joebob will lose any money over this agreement not to use 2A for transfers. But he airs out a personal conversation in a public forum, there was just no need, unless your trying out for a reality tv show and need some drama!

Just simply say you had a business disagreement with 2 A and walk away, it's not like he came on here and trashed you, until he had to post a rebuttal ...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    It's amazing how quick everyones took sides on all this. I read both posts from each vendor and in each thread people are saying "Well, i'll never deal with that vendor again!" and for what? Over an issue that didn't involve them? I've never dealt with either of these vendors but i will if i ever drive by 2A or i see something i like from JoeBob i buy from both. i'm not going to let an issue that didn't concern me sway my decision on a future purchase. At a time when the gun community needs to be sticking together it's amazing how something as simple as an issue between 2 vendors has split the community in half. Maybe we all need to step back from the keyboard take a deep breath and have a beer. Wish you all were in my area i'd invite you all over for a few Erdinger's.

It's the radical policy of "I won't deal with you because you're not a mom and pop" that has many up in arms.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i've got no personal dog in this one; i've dealt with 2A (the mossy 535 from the fall shoot a while back) and i've bought a few things from joe bob's. both were great, and i'll continue to do business with both in the future....in accordance with their existing policies. ain't that hard. ;)

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    And if they don't notify what is the ffl to do? Accept guns he had no clue where being shipped to him? Then spend their time trying to figure out who they where for. I'm sorry but if guns randomly showed up at my shop I would return them to the sender.

JB ships with the Buyers name on the package. Not that hard to figure out. It still falls on the buyer to notify the receiving ffl.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    What's funny about this entire situation is all of the people on the forum pointing fingers at either JoeBob's or 2A are only exacerbating and contributing to the acrimony in this dispute.

JoeBob posted a complaint about another IP, 2A. 2A responded. Enough said BUT we've got folks from both sides saying "Shame on 2A" and "Shame on JoeBob" thus driving the argument. It seems to me that this dispute would have ended with the complaint and the response if the partisans for each IP hadn't become belligerents in the fight.

I suggest we observe the Marquis of Queensberry rules for this altercation.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    In states where people aren't crazy, buying a gun online works like this:

Shop around online, find what you want at the lowest price.
    You will then see a list of FFL's the dealer already has on file. Pick one and pay!
    Send receiving FFL an email with your name and shipping information.
    Show up the day after gun arrives, fill out paperwork (or have CCW permit), and go enjoy the new toy.

Back home I do $20 transfers at a sketchy pawn shop. I would NEVER be in there for any other reason, so for him it's a free customer. He didn't have to spend money to advertise or promote his services to land the sale. I would think business owners would welcome this kind of customer, no?

However in Maryland, it seems that I have to find what I want online, then call the FFL and negotiate with them. "What is it? I have receivers in stock. No, not billet, they're Stag. They're on sale for $400, how much is the one you're buying? Oh, $150? Um, I don't take transfers from that company, they've given me trouble in the past. I can order that same receiver for you for $300? No? Why not?" It's like they think they can move more inventory by pretending like the Internet doesn't exist.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Anyone here seen the "Quiet Man" with John Wayne. Featured, perhaps, one of the best all time good natured fist fights.

What's funny about this entire situation is all of the people on the forum pointing fingers at either JoeBob's or 2A are only exacerbating and contributing to the acrimony in this dispute.

JoeBob posted a complaint about another IP, 2A. 2A responded. Enough said BUT we've got folks from both sides saying "Shame on 2A" and "Shame on JoeBob" thus driving the argument. It seems to me that this dispute would have ended with the complaint and the response if the partisans for each IP hadn't become belligerents in the fight.

I suggest we observe the Marquis of Queensberry rules for this altercation.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012

Do you think that this is the only time this has ever happened? Do you also think that every FFL calls the FFL they are shipping to before they send every single item? If so, news flash, they don't. Shops are annoyed when guns show up and they have no clue who they are for, which is why some have a policy and charge a high fee for doing this. It still happens. If I buy a gun from an FFL out of state, it is MY responsibility to choose which shop I want to use to transfer the weapon through and verify that it's ok and they are willing to do the transfer. If not, I need to find one that is willing to. Right now is one of the busiest times in history for everything firearms related. Weapons, accessories, ammo...pretty much everything. Many shops who do a lot of business and sell a variety of products don't even have time to respond to emails or answer phones, let alone call a shop or write an email saying "hey, I know we've shipped to you before, but please let us know if it's ok to ship you this item for Mr. Customer" and then wait for a response to ship it out.

Some of you same people bitching about how Joe Bob should add this extra step to their process like it's standard practice are crazy, it's not standard and nobody else does it. One second you're bitching because MSP, your FFL and anybody else you can blame is "taking so long for this transfer", then the next second you want to add a step which will waste more time and add more delay time while waiting for a response about whether or not an FFL is willing to accept a transfer on the same item that they just accepted last week from you. It is not JoeBobs responsibility to do this, just like it's no other FFLs responsibility and most never do it. It is the Customers responsibility.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    However in Maryland, it seems that I have to find what I want online, then call the FFL and negotiate with them. "What is it? I have receivers in stock. No, not billet, they're Stag. They're on sale for $400, how much is the one you're buying? Oh, $150? Um, I don't take transfers from that company, they've given me trouble in the past. I can order that same receiver for you for $300? No? Why not?" It's like they think they can move more inventory by pretending like the Internet doesn't exist.

How fitting this comment is for this discussion

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    See Joseph, this is what you get for trying to hook MDShooters members up with lowers at a fair price. You catch hell on arfcom. You catch hell from another IP. Now you catch flack for airing the nature of this grievance with implications affecting the membership.

It's pretty silly for 2A to expect anyone to know their individual shop rules, especially if they hadn't been clearly stated prior. But whatever.

If I were you, I wouldn't go out of my way for anyone on this board, but you are a better man than I, so I know that wont happen.

I've never set foot in 2A. Probably never would. I will support you with my business in the future, and will encourage others to do so as well.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    See Joseph, this is what you get for trying to hook MDShooters members up with lowers at a fair price. You catch hell on arfcom. You catch hell from another IP. Now you catch flack for airing the nature of this grievance with implications affecting the membership.

It's pretty silly for 2A to expect anyone to know their individual shop rules, especially if they hadn't been clearly stated prior. But whatever.

If I were you, I wouldn't go out of my way for anyone on this board, but you are a better man than I, so I know that wont happen.

I've never set foot in 2A. Probably never would. I will support you with my business in the future, and will encourage others to do so as well.

:thumbsup: Can't argue with you. JB has ALWAYS treated me right.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Joe Bob seems to be making our refusal of accepting firearms from him all about him being an internet gun clearing house. That's part of it, but not the whole reason, which was explained to him.

It's true we don't accept deliveries from Bud's or Impact guns. We were
    previously giving Joe Bob's some latitude due to thier IP status here until they completely disregarded our store policies.

From this quote, it seems like they never really wanted to do business with Joe Bob's, because I guess some of their prices are so low that they consider them to be an "internet gun clearing house." It is also clearly stated that they do not accept deliveries from Bud's or Impact Guns, which typically have some of the lowest, if not THE lowest prices on most weapons. Why would a shop not want to allow their customers easy access to weapons that are in many cases much cheaper than the ones they have in stock or can get? Because they would rather sell you the same item and make money off of it. Period.

I'm not attacking 2A either, I really couldn't care less who they tell their customers they will accept transfers from. I have heard great things about them from some members here and have heard horror stories from other members. A thread was started not too long ago about how they had jacked their transfer prices up which they justified by saying that there were so many transfers coming in that they had to. Don't get that, but it is what it is. Their business, their rules. They can make whatever transfer prices they want, choose who they will and won't accept tranfers from, and justify whatever decisions they make by saying whatever they want. There are a ton of other FFL's out there who will transfer whatever you want from whatever company you choose, and who will do it for a much better price for MDshooters members. That's the beautiful thing about having choices. If you're happy with 2A, buy everything you want from them for the rest of your life. If you're not, buy elsewhere. It's really as simple as that, there's no need to argue about it for days at a time. Regardless of what each side claimed the reason was, what the real reason is, whether anybody likes or dislikes the reasoning or the outcome, IT IS WHAT IT IS. 2A is not accepting transfers from Joe Bob Outfitters. Period. End of discussion, let's move on...

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

That is perfectly fine to do.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Do you think that this is the only time this has ever happened? Do you also think that every FFL calls the FFL they are shipping to before they send every single item? If so, news flash, they don't. Shops are annoyed when guns show up and they have no clue who they are for, which is why some have a policy and charge a high fee for doing this. It still happens. If I buy a gun from an FFL out of state, it is MY responsibility to choose which shop I want to use to transfer the weapon through and verify that it's ok and they are willing to do the transfer. If not, I need to find one that is willing to. Right now is one of the busiest times in history for everything firearms related. Weapons, accessories, ammo...pretty much everything. Many shops who do a lot of business and sell a variety of products don't even have time to respond to emails or answer phones, let alone call a shop or write an email saying "hey, I know we've shipped to you before, but please let us know if it's ok to ship you this item for Mr. Customer" and then wait for a response to ship it out.

Some of you same people bitching about how Joe Bob should add this extra step to their process like it's standard practice are crazy, it's not standard and nobody else does it. One second you're bitching because MSP, your FFL and anybody else you can blame is "taking so long for this transfer", then the next second you want to add a step which will waste more time and add more delay time while waiting for a response about whether or not an FFL is willing to accept a transfer on the same item that they just accepted last week from you. It is not JoeBobs responsibility to do this, just like it's no other FFLs responsibility and most never do it. It is the Customers responsibility.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

And when the customer doesn't notify the ffl then what? Is the ffl suppose to accept it? Get real. I've had no problems getting ahold of our IP's and am having a gun shipped to one right now. And just picked up lowers from another who again answered the phones everytime I called them.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    And when the customer doesn't notify the ffl then what? Is the ffl suppose to accept it? Get real. I've had no problems getting ahold of our IP's and am having a gun shipped to one right now. And just picked up lowers from another who again answered the phones everytime I called them.

I would assume it's up to the FFL to decide what they want to do with it. Maybe some of them don't accept it, but i've never heard of that happening. Most of them get a bunch of packages dropped off at once and sign for them. They don't go down a checklist and say "I'll take the packages addressed to Mark, Billy, Walt, Steve, Chris, and Jim. The packages addressed to Paul and Hank I don't know anything about, so i'm not taking them." They accept all of the packages delivered to them, open them each up and look at the paperwork. Some FFL's have a system set up where if an item just shows up out of nowhere for a transfer without any prior conversation with the customer, the transfer will now cost $100 instead of $35 or whatever the normal price is. Makes it worthwhile for the FFL to deal with, and ensures that whoever is stuck with this fee will probably never do it again and will instead give them a heads up or ask if they will do the transfer before they have anything sent to them. Get real? That's REALLY how things work. If you don't think so, go back to whatever fantasy land you live in where every FFL calls the FFL they are shipping each item to before they ship an item 100% of the time. If they already have their information on file and have shipped in the past or regularly ship to them, most of them ship the item as quickly as possible so the whole process is done as quickly as possible and the customer is happy.

This is also why Bud's Gun Shop, Jet Guns, and most of the other Gun Sites you can order from online have a list of "Approved FFL's" that you can search for in your area. Any FFL's that are already "approved" means that they already have all the information on file from that FFL that they need from them to be able to ship your item out as soon as it's paid for. The only reason a FFL you are purchasing from would need to get in contact with the FFL you would like your weapon shipped to is if they have never dealt with them and need the proper information from them before they can legally send your weapon for a transfer. I've ordered plenty of guns online this way, and the only way my FFL knew that anything was coming was because I called and asked if it was ok before ordering and paying for the gun. I've also heard in gun shops before when people have called to ask if their gun has showed up yet the person answering the phone say "we've received a bunch of guns in the last few days, some of which we weren't expecting." Guns show up a lot more often than you'd think to shops who had no idea it was coming. They don't like this happening, but it does happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom