3D4F9FC2-ECD5-43EB-BE6B-A770578A8854.jpg
      92.3 KB · Views: 252
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The more we permit ourselves to be split from one another, the less effectively we can promote a common cause.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we will all hang separately.

That is all.

I wish someone had thought about this before incorrectly placing blame via an email blast.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm gonna give y'all an opportunity to cool your jets, review your posts and decide whether any of what has transpired in your posts since 0600 this morning are a violation of our expectations of how we communicate to one another.

First clue - if you use the word "you".

Second clue - if you use any adjectives in conjunction with the word "you".

After I eat dinner, I'm going to come back in here and get to work and some people aren't going to like the outcomes.

Some of you are acting like the forum is reacting to YOU rather than the person who is the cause of this discussion. I would advise you to not put yourself into that mindset and to not be so invested in your own position that you forget what our expectations are.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    For what it is worth, I know when a supposed fellow 2A community member is pissing on my leg. And I don't need their minions coming to their defense to explain why I should take the high road, bow down and treat the person doing the pissing with respect. When someone attacks others in this community, looks and speaks down to them through their own arrogant goggles, and thereby disparages their efforts, they invite a lively retort. I will always reciprocate when treated with respect. Hope to see less flames and more two way respect.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I'm gonna give y'all an opportunity to cool your jets, review your posts and decide whether any of what has transpired in your posts since 0600 this morning are a violation of our expectations of how we communicate to one another.

This thread just is not worth it, so I deleted my posts. To the several of you that contacting me privately, I appreciate the support but I will not be answering.

Having said that, can I ask why only posts since 0600 are being looked at for violations. I mean post 8 and post 99 were worse than anything said since 0600... If anything said since 0600 violated anything I don't see how these two posts don't and they helped set the tone for the whole thread letting it get derailed from a thread about an issue worth debating into a thread that I felt compelled to reply to.

Its threads like this (how it turned out, not OP) that drive people away from this forum. I can't tell you how many times I defend MDshooters to others complaining how these internet warriors get on here and trash good people without even having the facts. While this thread may have started with a fair debate, it derailed long before I made my first post!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    JJ has done much for the 2A community, and I respect him for his positive contributions. His take on the HPRB is ill-informed at best. He can send all the emails he wants, and those who read them can act as they see fit. So long as he can effectively articulate his position in a way productive to the furtherance of 2A freedom, hes efforts are appreciated.

There are those, more deeply informed than I, who see fit to challenge at least part of his position. No problem with that, either.

Those who jump to someone's defense without making the effort to discover what they are defending are doing no one any service. Defending a person as a friend is a fine and noble act. Flinging excrement around is for lower primates and Democrats.

To be fair, there's a lot of flinging going around. I don't see it as promoting any position, but rather weakening all, especially in a public forum. I'd much rather see a physical gathering of all parties, with in-person discussion and argument, a bit of bloodshed, ending with drinks all around. Mutual respect is hard to achieve in any internet dispute: spoken words can be forgotten over time, but the written word lingers, and rankles.

The more we permit ourselves to be split from one another, the less effectively we can promote a common cause.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we will all hang separately.

That is all.

Can you tell me who did the splitting? Who decided on his own to call out a very productive group for standing up for our 2A rights? Can you please tell me how the attending the HPRB meeting has done anything but fought for fairness at those meetings.

JJ is his own worst enemy. You say he's done a lot for the 2A community, maybe he has, but he's also done a lot of harm too. Harm is something none of us can afford in Maryland. Throwing that group under the bus and claiming that they are responsible for a Democrat's action is laughable. Do you honestly believe that they need any help to be Anti 2A?

Not me.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Can you tell me who did the splitting? Who decided on his own to call out a very productive group for standing up for our 2A rights? Can you please tell me how the attending the HPRB meeting has done anything but fought for fairness at those meetings.

JJ is his own worst enemy. You say he's done a lot for the 2A community, maybe he has, but he's also done a lot of harm too. Harm is something none of us can afford in Maryland. Throwing that group under the bus and claiming that they are responsible for a Democrat's action is laughable. Do you honestly believe that they need any help to be Anti 2A?

Not me.

Ding!

People need to remember that this is the second unsolicited offensive outburst from JJ, the first being while he was still at AGC and in an official capacity disparaged those of us on MDS for posting our opinions of two NRA instructors who were HPRB board members and voted consistently to sustain the decision of the Secretary.

If he has a knife in the back it comes from that foot in his mouth...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He has no knife in his back. The foot in his mouth is another matter entirely.

I do find it more than coincidental that both of his unsolicited ad hominem attacks involve HPRB members.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    and in an official capacity disparaged those of us on MDS for posting our opinions of two NRA instructors who were HPRB board members and voted consistently to sustain the decision of the Secretary.

Ahhh, yes. I remember that insult. You good Stove!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This thread just is not worth it, so I deleted my posts. To the several of you that contacting me privately, I appreciate the support but I will not be answering.

Having said that, can I ask why only posts since 0600 are being looked at for violations. I mean post 8 and post 99 were worse than anything said since 0600... If anything said since 0600 violated anything I don't see how these two posts don't and they helped set the tone for the whole thread letting it get derailed from a thread about an issue worth debating into a thread that I felt compelled to reply to.

Its threads like this (how it turned out, not OP) that drive people away from this forum. I can't tell you how many times I defend MDshooters to others complaining how these internet warriors get on here and trash good people without even having the facts. While this thread may have started with a fair debate, it derailed long before I made my first post!

You inserted yourself into a discussion that had nothing to do with you and made it about you as you began throwing insults at other people. There's nothing compelling about you name calling to other members like the very child that you accuse them of being. I cut you a break - don't make me regret it.

We don't need you to defend us to anyone, thanks. We keep hearing about us "driving people away" yet everyday, we get a couple dozen new registrations and lots of new people participating. I heard it when we were at 1,000 members....then 5,000 members, then 10,000 members. I'm still hearing at more than 20,000 members. :lol2:

These "internet warriors" have done more boots on the ground activism than any of the old guard establishment have in the last 20 years. While the "organizations" sit around and kvetch over not making the antis angry, people here are actually getting out and doing something about it.

When someone inserts themselves into the public arena, and then levels unfounded accusations against the largest firearms community in this state, they should expect to have to own those words.

Jim Purtilo tried this kind of tactic 10 years ago and it drove his one man show into the dustheap of history after he attacked this community and MSI with similar, if not more egregious, false accusations.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You inserted yourself into a discussion that had nothing to do with you and made it about you as you began throwing insults at other people. There's nothing compelling about you name calling to other members like the very child that you accuse them of being. I cut you a break - don't make me regret it.

Sorry, I did not realize this thread was not open for us all to comment on? I did not know criticism of Childish behavior is throwing insults. What names was I calling people? I was surprised how many people were responding in agreement with me privately yet failed to post. I think I get that now, message received.

...and then levels unfounded accusations against the largest firearms community in this state, they should expect to have to own those words.

Sorry I did not notice JJ mention MDShooters in his article much less make accusations. I will have to reread it again.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sorry, I did not realize this thread was not open for us all to comment on? I did not know criticism of Childish behavior is throwing insults. What names was I calling people? I was surprised how many people were responding in agreement with me privately yet failed to post. I think I get that now, message received.

Sorry I did not notice JJ mention MDShooters in his article much less make accusations. I will have to reread it again.

Welcome to the newest MDS Drinking Game: When you see the word “childish”...

Considering that you employed that word probably 25 times in one thread...

C’mon, man...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

From the email:

This bill might never have been written were it not for a small number of activists who made the strategic mistake of attending hearings in an attempt to intimidated the board members.

Considering the fact that other than the applicants and their attorneys the only non board members or MSP in attendance in the last 2.5 years have been MDS members or the gals and cucks from MPGV I think it's crystal clear who he was referring to.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I do disagree with JJ sometimes but I do appreciate his data. But then again, the data clearly shows that the legislation proposed is not going to make a difference. I will still support JJ in his testimony. However, he needs to keep his insults to himself or direct them to the lefties. If JJ is reading this, I encourage him to respond to make a case.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    From the email:

Considering the fact that other than the applicants and their attorneys the only non board members or MSP in attendance in the last 2.5 years have been MDS members or the gals and cucks from MPGV I think it's crystal clear who he was referring to.

"This bill might never have been written were it not for a small number of activists who made the strategic mistake of attending hearings in an attempt to intimidated the board members."

Dozens upon dozens of citizens may have never received their permits or had their restrictions removed. So there's that, too.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I always felt from prior flare ups that JJ had a vested interest in W+W from the HPRB and he attacked this forums members over that. I think he should have separated business from personal issues, especially in light of gun issues where W+W were in the wrong from the get go.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We should acknowledge that as an AGC rep, John Josselyn was a man of the times when he started putting his imprint on the process.

With AGC having the big footprint, the clubs mirrored the “suit & tie” lobbyist approach of our opponents, with data and facts tucked under the arm.

I salute Mr. Josselyn for carrying the AGC torch as a volunteer lobbyist for years.

In the Age of Maryland Shall Issue, MDShooters and Facebook, activism has gone grass roots.

“Top Down” is giving way to “coordinate, bro!”

Are we still on for lunch, folks?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Not me.

Can't help you with the questions you mention. I remember JJ from 2013 - the only time I've met him - and thought that he was an asset. My reason for posting was merely that it seemed that we do more damage to our cause by flinging crap at one another in a very public forum than JJ did with his admittedly unjustified email.

It's not just the True Believers who read and post here. It must bring great joy to the MSP Secretary and the Mothers Against to see us eating our own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom