• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Here is a 2A business app we can use to sort out pro and anti 2A business in Md.
    http://www.guns.com/2013/05/13/gun-...n-friendly-businesses-good-or-bad-idea-video/

This app would be useful in PA or VA were Conceal Carry are common enough business have decided one way or the other in Maryland Since we are a may issue state very few places have every thought about it. That means outside of banks and other Gun Free Zones most of Maryland's businesses aren't unless they have had an issue.

Thanks
    Robert

Mr H

Banana'd
    Other sites performing a similar function:

friendorfoe.us
    criminalprotectionzone.com

But remember... In all these, the information available doesn't just come out of nowhere, and is only as complete as the input provided.

We are their field staff, and I encourage everyone to help populat this information on any of these sites, as it could potentially start putting pressure on the antis.

HTArms

May 9, 2013
    Waynesboro, PA
    This is a good app that I have been using for a few weeks now. I downloaded from Amazon and wrote the following review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R30WCSGO10NDT3/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm

This "Gun Free Zone" app is useful regardless of which side of the firearms debate you happen to support. The app installed and runs cleanly on my HTC EVO 4G.

The app displays a map that shows business in the area (using your phone's location services, which you might have to turn on) and indicates "Red" for no guns permitted or "Green" for gun friendly establishments. This is use to me since I have a concealed carry permit and do not want to break the law by accidently carrying my gun where it is prohibited and I tend not to spend my money at businesses that don't don't support firearm ownership (we own a small gun shop).

It was somewhat surprising to see that there was quite a few entries already marked in my small town and the app allows you to "vote" on business, which is then uploaded to a central database so others running the app will see the status. It also allows you to indicate that you own a business and lets you definitifly select the status, but it does require verification, which I didn't try.

This is a fairly useful app but it is ad supported.

Recommended!

CFH

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    This app would be useful in PA or VA were Conceal Carry are common enough business have decided one way or the other in Maryland Since we are a may issue state very few places have every thought about it. That means outside of banks and other Gun Free Zones most of Maryland's businesses aren't unless they have had an issue.

Thanks
    Robert

Banks aren't gun free. It's one of the few reasons to get a permit in this state.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Here is a 2A business app we can use to sort out pro and anti 2A business in Md.
    http://www.guns.com/2013/05/13/gun-...n-friendly-businesses-good-or-bad-idea-video/

I think it's a good thing to know. Knowledge is power and the more you know the better off you are. If you know the politics behind any business, you can VOTE your politics by not doing business with them.

However, smart business, (when they can) will often not let you know what their politics are. As far as having a sign in a store window, that tells you NO GUNS, This would not stop me from carrying at that location. For starters, if you carry the way that you should, you are the only one that knows your carrying. The only reason anyone should be carrying is to protect his or her life and the lives of their loved ones from dying if they were faced with that life or death decision.

If confronted with an armed robbery when at a NO GUN location and you were to appropriately use your gun to save your own life, are you concerned about the owner of the given business being mad with you because you did not listen to his little sign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom