• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    You are a fraud. The next time you want to use stolen valor to back up your bullsh*t, at least be smart enough to do it on a forum where the membership cannot vet you and call you out on it.

Here is a good forum where you should feel right at home:

http://basketmakers.com/a/forum/forum.htm

Except when he trolls that forum he is a 13th level master basketweaver and no one can challenge him because he claims to have taken the sacred oath to and allegiance to wicker.

And no one there will convince him that the founding fathers meant for all men to weave freely, for only those who carried fish, or laundry, needed to have baskets

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now that we've all had a chance to vent our frustrations, why not flush this guy and get back to business?

bradg

May 12, 2017
    The Founders were very specific in the words they chose. Very specific. 'The people' ALWAYS refers to the same thing. It doesn't mean one thing in this amendment and another thing in another amendment. If the Founders had meant to say 'the right of the militia to keep and bear arms' they would have said it. But they didn't. They said what they meant. The people. Everyone.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    His service or lack of it has nothing to do with 2A , he called folks like us racist and MDS as well . Also made comments about 2A that are incorrect . I think that is what is at hand . He wants credibility by using his service and lost it .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Theres nothing pre-written dude.. no copying of text written by others, and no I’m not some internet troll.. no point in any of that... You have but a single point here. You and some others take issue that I don’t believe the 2A was meant for everyone. That’s cool, people have varying beliefs. What you can’t argue, is the reason members of this board chose a destructive path of insults and other, simply cause I have an opinion different from theirs...

At this point, the 2A is solidified as an individual right. It was put in the BOR to protect the people against narcissistic wanna-be tyrants like you. Saying the sky is green when it is clearly blue is not an opinion. It is either brain damage, or a delusion. You can believe what you want, luckily you have nothing at all to back it up. Military service and membership in the Masons doesn’t make your “opinion” any more valid. You don’t like the oathkeepers because the think you are a prick, and put sand in your mangina, right?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Let's just go ahead and get this over with.

1. Likely an intentional troll.
    2. If not, pay attention to the mindset of some people out there and be aware of why we must be intentional in protecting our rights.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    You did the right thing you put him down , it was the most compassionate thing to do . His so called military background and resume one would think he would be smarter or wiser .

Folks like him (Liberals) always talk in such a way that 2A means muskets , if that is the case then 1A is not computers & Iphones .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Why such hostility? The point can be argued whether or not the 2A meant everyone. Your personal attacksí*¾í´·í*¼í¿½*â™‚ï¸ what’s the point? So I should be harmed cause I believe you should be able to buy what ever gun you want? Quite frankly it’s your hard earned money, do with it as you please. I simply don’t think the 2A is talking about everyone having a gun. I don’t support the idea of taking anyone’s firearms... soo again what exactly are you mad about?

No, the point can’t be argued. Read the Constitution.
    Don’t agree with it or like it? Move to Venezuela and get the hell out of here.
    For someone who’s been in the service, you’re doing a shitty job at defending the Constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    This thread is not as epic as Gymratz. Plenty of stupid people in this world. You cant argue with stupid, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I love to argue with these type of people who are just completely clueless, but yeah its not worth it. I figured this thread would have died off quickly, it has not. :(

Another good example was a sheriff who, not only beat his wife, but said openly that only P&M should own firearms. And after his firearms were confiscated due to his domestic, he texted the SA asking for them back early because he wanted to go hunting that weekend. That's how it works folks.

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    An understanding of English sentence structure would help him too. If a sentence has something within commas and the commas were removed, these sentences may not be as clear but the meaning would still be the same.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    An understanding of English sentence structure would help him too. If a sentence has something within commas and the commas were removed, these sentences may not be as clear but the meaning would still be the same.

True but it is not really that nuanced. Libs like play these games but it's really quite simple. In the BOR where it says "the people", in every instance it means "the people".

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    This thread should be merged into a STICKY with title: How not to be a train wreck on Maryland Shooters.

Definitely several minutes of my life spent reading it that I will never get back. OP was properly given the rope to hang himself, and he executed the task according to his training!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I can see your point in interpreting that way.

No interpretation needed, As has been mentioned, it is perfectly laid out in the Federalist Papers. Also, perfectly laid out in the personal papers of Thomas Jefferson and others at the time of the writing.

At the time 2A was written, we had just come out of a war. But, that war wasn’t against our Govt trying to control people like the King and Queen. The Revolutionary war was against a country that the American colonies believed had nothing to do with their establishment.

It was a war against an over reaching government in general and the King of Britain specifically.

Let me remind you of the issues:

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

It was the citizen soldiers that joined the ranks and helped defeat the Brits, arguably the only way the Continental Army won. It was due to the aforementioned nature, the idea of having a well armed and regulated militia was mentioned.

Yeah, um, not really, given the history of the Revolutionary War. It wasn't until the winter at Valley Forge, that they gained any real training. Even under the first Constitution (The Articles of Confederation) the 2A didn't exist, so I would recommend that you go back and get a refund on the various history classes you received. Or where they a part of that free education, you mentioned?

We can certainly interpret “right of the people” in meaning everyone, that part is within reason to believe as it does not specifically state. My interpretation given the circumstances surrounding, suggests the people within the regulated militia.

Your interpretation would be wrong, based on several things;
    The Federalist paper
    The personal writings of Thomas Jefferson and others at the time.
    The history of the Bill of Rights.
    The judicial findings and rulings of the Supreme Court.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Folks, understand that the intent here is to deliberately create resource burn and forum sliding.

As long as you are aware of that, continue to engage with the understanding that this piece of shit has no intent of engaging with you on a seriously intellectual and honest level.

Oh, most of understand that perfectly. We just want to play with the troll, can we play with the troll Norton, please??????!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom