• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    A couple guys here are doing it. I have to get hitched this year, seems like in July no less. No dice for me.

Zak Smith

Feb 14, 2012
    Hi guys,

I'm the match director. If July doesn't work for you, we have another team event in October (Thunder Beast Team Challenge) - though it's different. It's less physical than the 24HSAC but more physical than any normal match, and will have more shooting,

best regards,
    Zak

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Trebark and I are a team for this one.

I'm the team leader and the carbine gunner. He is the precision gunner. We are prepping as we speak, looking at every aspect of long-range sniper operations in extreme terrain. One of the biggest challenge is the physical challenge of moving 60+ lbs of gear across what we estimate will be 10,000 ft of vertical change over 30+ miles in 24 hours. If you have moved over hilly terrain with weapons and ammo, you know how heavy a load becomes.

If anyone is interested in doing this one, PM me. I have a guy that is interested but without a partner.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Zak - Welcome! Hopefully next year will be the year to shoot one of your matches. They all look like a great time. No luck for October either, I have my licensing exam at the end of that month - my time is pretty much spoken for, again, this year.

Zak Smith

Feb 14, 2012
    I seem to not be getting email notifications of replies, so if you need me to answer something, someone ping me via email and I'll show up. Have fun training!

hank440

Apr 8, 2009
    WOW that match looks bad ass, too bad I have rifle training for my boys scheduled for that very weekend, maybe next year.

I hope since it's in Utah there are no violent hoards of Mormons stalking competitors :D for that realistic 2 way range experience. :party29:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    This sounds awesome but having never shot anywhere close that distance and the amount of money to play... I would have some reservations.

Really want to though!

Need practice at 600 first!

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I was talking with my boys about these matches. They are both interested but it will have to wait as they are are only 11 and 13. The only thing with them would be carrying weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom