• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'm looking into a few different .22LR suppressors and have read just about every post and website out there. I have come to realize that there is really no way to know without actually hearing a few different options.

A few of the suppressors I am considering are:

Liberty Essence
    Liberty Kodiak TL
    Silencerco Sparrow SS
    SWR Spectre

If anyone has one of these and would be willing to demo, send me a PM.

My "home" range is Damascus IWLA, so we could meet there or at your "home" range.

:thumbsup:

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    I too have been researching .22 suppressors... I hear a lot of good things about the Sparrow SS...

I go to Youtube and watch videos of them in action. I know that isn't an awesome way of doing it, but some of the videos out there show 2 or 3 suppressors going off next to each other so you can hear the difference.

Anyways... good luck on your new purchase!

- Clint

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    This probably won't help, but you should also consider the Thompson Machine cans. I've heard the CHD and the Sparrow and the results were surprising.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Jawn, thanks for the recommendation. I have looked briefly at the TM cans and think they might be a good option as a second .22LR suppressor.

For my first and primary suppressor, I think I'll stick to the above list. If it weren't for the FRP of the Sparrow, it would be a done deal.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have an SWR Spectre and it's very quiet, but large, when compared to other .22 suppressors. My best friend has an AAC Element, and it feels a lot smaller and lighter when mounted on a pistol (but not quite as quiet with subsonics.)

I'm at Hap Baker pretty often, if you ever want to check the Spectre out...

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I think most .22 cans are pretty quiet. Some like the SWR Spectre and AAC Element are quieter. I have an AAC Pilot which is a sealed can and its plenty quiet for my needs. I would recommend getting a take apart can though because these cans get dirty fast. When I bought mine AAC said I could send it back any time and have it serviced. They no longer offer that deal so when mine fills up I'll have to send it to another manufacturer to "jailbrake" it.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Jawn, thanks for the recommendation. I have looked briefly at the TM cans and think they might be a good option as a second .22LR suppressor.

For my first and primary suppressor, I think I'll stick to the above list. If it weren't for the FRP of the Sparrow, it would be a done deal.

Roger that. Do check out Engage Armament's deal on Sparrows. Excellent price on a very impressive can. On a bolt gun with subsonics, it is Hollywood quiet.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have a 22Sparrow Gen I converted to the SS model. Love it. Runit on a Ciener 22 conversion for the Beretta 92 and a Ruger MK III threaded from the factory. Runs like a champ on both.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom