• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saltyphotog

Feb 19, 2012
    To each his own, buy it if you need it, blah blah blah but this is the reason the 22 market is the way it is... Double the normal price and a mere fraction of the normal availability.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    To each his own, buy it if you need it, blah blah blah but this is the reason the 22 market is the way it is... Double the normal price and a mere fraction of the normal availability.

Let's be realistic with each other, prices go up and rarely come down. If people are holding out for 4-6 cents a round that's their decision as you said buy it if you need it. But it might be time to start accepting the reality of the situation.

I just figured I would pass this along since the price included shipping which makes it somewhat more palatable.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "Let's be realistic with each other, prices go up and rarely come down. If people are holding out for 4-6 cents a round that's their decision as you said buy it if you need it. But it might be time to start accepting the reality of the situation."

The reality is this is not a manufacturers market price increase due to costs to manufacture. Anyone believing inflated 22LR costs are fair market increase send me a pm, I have a bridge to sell you. It is an artificial shortage created by greed of psuedo-shooters bleeding shooters. It inhibits new shooter involvement through frustration of unavailable over priced ammo. Buying it at 2 and 3 times retail is telling them you like rear entry.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    "Let's be realistic with each other, prices go up and rarely come down. If people are holding out for 4-6 cents a round that's their decision as you said buy it if you need it. But it might be time to start accepting the reality of the situation."

The reality is this is not a manufacturers market price increase due to costs to manufacture. Anyone believing inflated 22LR costs are fair market increase send me a pm, I have a bridge to sell you. It is an artificial shortage created by greed of psuedo-shooters bleeding shooters. It inhibits new shooter involvement through frustration of unavailable over priced ammo. Buying it at 2 and 3 times retail is telling them you like rear entry.

And how do you know there is not an increase to manufacturing costs? Fuel costs more. Raw materials cost more. Minimum wage went up. Taxes increase. Electricity costs more. Oh and people that own the equipment want to make more money.

No thanks on the bridge, it probably is falling apart and in disrepair since you're holding off on maintaining equipment till prices come back down.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Freight is prepaid to the 1st 48 states on regular ground service only except for target load ammo (trap, skeet and sporting clay ammo sold by the case). Each order will have a Non-Refundable $7.95 handling insurance charge for Internet orders and a $9.95 handling and insurance charge for mail, phone or fax orders added, excluding AK & HI orders, or any order where the customer pays actual freight & insurance. Orders shipping to AK & HI or any customer requesting a different ship via than UPS or FedEx ground will pay actual freight & insurance. We reserve the right to ship by UPS, FedEx, commercial truck or Parcel Post.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    My lady has a 22 pistol and my son has a 22 rifle, so not a big consumer of 22 here. It may be a little costly, but I believe in practicing with the size and grain of ammo that you will use in a true SHTF situation. Just my opinion.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "No thanks on the bridge, it probably is falling apart and in disrepair since you're holding off on maintaining equipment till prices come back down."

Obviously a dire need to sling insults. Goes with the territory...

As for the remainder of your rebuttal, go to Cabela's, Bass Pro, WalMart andprice a brick or 500 round bulk box of HV plinking ammo. Cost is from $20 to $26 per. Midway is the same. Throwin shipping and the highest you'd pay is $35/brick when ordeing two or more bricks. I just recieved 10 100 round boxes of Mini Mags. Price was $40 per 500. Beats paying a scalper.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    "No thanks on the bridge, it probably is falling apart and in disrepair since you're holding off on maintaining equipment till prices come back down."

Obviously a dire need to sling insults. Goes with the territory...

As for the remainder of your rebuttal, go to Cabela's, Bass Pro, WalMart andprice a brick or 500 round bulk box of HV plinking ammo. Cost is from $20 to $26 per. Midway is the same. Throwin shipping and the highest you'd pay is $35/brick when ordeing two or more bricks. I just recieved 10 100 round boxes of Mini Mags. Price was $40 per 500. Beats paying a scalper.

I'm not saying I bought any but saying buying at 2-3 times the price says you like it in the rear is hurling insults as well. Desperate times call for desperate measures and sone people may pay the price while not being happy about it to continue in the sport they love.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    haha, you said go to wal-mart.

Locally, we have the "Denny's" club that are at Wal-Mart every monday morning at 7:00 am to get there maximum 3 boxes so they can resell. It is gone by 9:00 am at the latest.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    towles, cute nickname for that group of morning buyers. We have the same thing in this area. I've suggested stocking the ammo at random times to give more customers the opportunity to purchase it and they replied, "That's how we do it".

Apd, no insult intended and I understand the desperation you mention. My position is I will but $100 a brick match ammo or stop shooting before I succumb to the scalpers. I've been buying the medium target/match grade stuff because generally the scalpers won't because it puts the scalping price out of their target market. Sure, its $50 to $60na brick but it honest to goodness $50 a brick ammo.

My apologies are extended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom