• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Pmags are the only magazines I use. They are extremely reliable and durable. Do yourself a favor and go to VA or PA and get yourself some 30 round pmags.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    PMAG's work great.

But I choose Lancer, mostly because they support 3GUN locally and I know Scott Villardi and believe him to be a great guy.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Don't know if you can read this thread without being a member but I and many other HP shooters have mad trouble with PMAGs

http://www.usrifleteams.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21645&st=0&p=208103&fromsearch=1&#entry208103

I'm not blaming it on the mags but something is off with compatibilty with certain rifles obviously. Thye run fun in my RRA upper but not in my custom built WOA upper so :shrug:

I now use AR stoner mags because they were cheap. I've heard of some issues after a lot of use with these so but I haven't used them enough tp confirm or deny this.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    PMAGS do a good job. I use mainly GI mags because they can be gotten cheap, and I've never had one fail. They also slide in and out of pouches alot easier than PMAGS.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Steel

PMAGS do a good job. I use mainly GI mags because they can be gotten cheap, and I've never had one fail. They also slide in and out of pouches alot easier than PMAGS.

Been using GI surplus mags for 30 years. Although they are designed to be throwaways they last for ever. Never had a problem with them and the springs are still good today.

Oh and did I mention they are cheap? :thumbsup:

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Love my PMAGS, but if you get GI mags, magpul makes an improved follower for them which alleviates alot of the FTFs that they can be prone to.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    223 mags? What platform, AR, HK, AK and others? What type of shooting, match, shtf or fun?

Try using a P-mag in a NRA HP match. Not going to fly :)

I have them all but use USGI 99.7% of the time. USGI are cheap and work!

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    44mag.com. Great selection of all kinds of mags.

Magpul items ship free if you're looking at pmags.

Any +20 round mags can be shipped to MD disassembled as rebuild kits.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have 35-odd mags, they're split about half and half PMAGs in various configurations (black, FDE, window, non-window, even a couple EMAGs in there, 20 and 30 rounds) - and USGI contract mags (Colt, FNMI, Brownells) with MAGPUL followers. I also have a few old 20-round Colt mags as well.

All of mine run reliably. I have a Lancer L5 which I had feeding issues with in .300-221... and would like to try the L5 AWM but in my experience you can't go wrong with PMAGs or GI mags with MAGPUL followers. :thumbsup:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    FYI on GI Mags.
    Remember; "tan-is the plan, green-start to lean, black-take it back." Magazines with the black follower are the oldest and should be turned in.
    If you have GI mags with green or black followers, swap them out with the MagPul ones (they work great).

Attachments

• MAGAZINES.jpg
      MAGAZINES.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 156

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom