• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I've been spoiled rotten by my grandfather's old High Standard. If you don't hit what you're aiming at with that thing, it's your fault. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No love for the Ruger Single Six? I like mine. Fun little plinker, and has a .22 mag cylinder.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    No love for the Ruger Single Six? I like mine. Fun little plinker, and has a .22 mag cylinder.

I'm with you picked up a old SS years ago and love it, I remember shooting it in my parents basement in the winter time when I was younger. It went everywhere, put "plenty" of rounds thru it. I also have a old High Standard Victor and High Standard Trophy love them both the Victor needs to be re-blued..its was my beat around .22... I also have both NIB Colt Diamond Back Revolvers 4" .22lr and a 4" .38spl never shot them..Buckmark had one sold it back to the HS Victor.

-Rock

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Funny someone should mention the Neos and the Buckmark pistols.

I was shopping them vigorously when my wife found the interest in a handgun for targets after shooting my Tree Rat revolver in 17HMR. After about 6-8 months of research, I found the majority vote was against either of them, and I guess this is why she ended up with the .357 Mag revolver. Shae stated she didn't want a sissy-girly gun (specifically referring to my 17HMR, not a .22 cal) so we had to step up beyond the .22 caliber idea.

The BuckMark was the better choice over the Beretta Neos, but, at the same time, as we all know, anything in .22 with a clip is an eventual headache with jams and hangs. Personally, I am not against semi-auto guns, but, I do prefer the revolvers over the semi's any day. And with my past work experience at the Beretta plant in Accokeek, I would not take a beretta for free anyway.

We got the Taurus Tracker .357 for her and mine is a Taurus Tracker 17HMR, identical revolvers with identical BSA scope setups. We both love them and I like to shoot the 357 when she allows it.

I'm not selling anyone on the Taurus', it's just what we bought and like. the point of all this is, most people told me to go either with a revolver or a Colt or something else besides the Neos and Buckmark's.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I have several of the .22 pistols, Ruger, Colt, HiStandard, and the Neos. Lover them all but the Neos. Have had lots of problems right out of the box. Also, I can shoot fairly well but can't get much from the Neos. I shoot better groups with the other 3 offhand than the Neos off the bench. Nuf said.

Question, My Ruger is a Mark 1 Target. Shoots great. Is there a way to make it hold the bolt back on the last shot like the Mark II and IIIs? Other than that what a great pistol.

Vic

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    Last year I bought the Ruger Single Six so I could have cheap fun at the range. I just picked up a 5-1/2" Mark III Hunter (LTD Ed). Other that 3 misfires out of 200 or so rounds of Remington bulk ammo; this thing is accurate and I could shoot it all day long. The Single Six is also fun for that cowboy feeling. I like my XDm-9; but, I love my Mark III.

And the Single Six with the 22 Mag Cylinder is a whole other feeling then the 22LR cylinder. I am hooked on rimfire for fun shooting.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I love my .22's. I'm partial to my Buckmark over my Rugers. What I really want next is a CZ Kadet

Tim460

May 22, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    I've recently decided to pick up a .22 pistol in the near future and have narrowed my choice down to a Ruger mark III, but haven't decided on the exact type yet. I'm leaning towards the competition.

My brother has a Walther P22 and I've shot it on a few occasions but I wasn't a big fan of it. I'd love to have a model 41 as I shot my fathers good friends regularly but the main reason I'm picking up a .22 is to spend more time on the range without spending hundreds of dollars on ammo a trip and it'd take quite a while to offset the cost of a model 41.

The Mark III is plenty accurate for me and In my experience all .22's are fun to plink with so long as they don't jam regularly.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My present optic bullseye pistol is a 5.5" bull barrel Ruger MkII. I've had it since about 1982. I can't even imagine how many rounds I've shot through it. It is still competitive when I am...LOL.

I have a commerative MKII and presently I am suffering through the state's 7 day wait to pick up a MkI...like my first 22 semi auto was. All shoot well, reliable and are accurate, albeit, they don't care much for tuncated cone ammunition in my experience.

These Rugers have demonstrated great value in $$$ vs. Performance.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

Just came home today...

Attachments

• P1030378.jpg
      P1030378.jpg
      131.6 KB · Views: 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica