• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    What, if any, reloading goals do you have for 2021?

For me, keep an eye out for primers.

Continue to buy components when they become available at somewhat "reasonable price". At least some bullets seem to be coming available.

Try to get to the range more in 2021.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Shoot more, reload more, but keep an eye out that I don't totally deplete any key components.

Not looking to buy much in the near term so others who are hurting can resupply when possible.

Do want a pound of Leverevolution but it can wait.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    My main goal is to maintain my stock until this shortage is over. I stocked up a bit before the shortage, but I still feel uncomfortable to load expendable/range blasting ammo; who knows when this will be all over...

I used to be vigilant on primer and powder drops, but it seems like its gotten worst over the past 8 months I was at it. Prices have increased and stock is usually out in minutes.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Yes, I want to be careful not to totally delete my reloading supplies. I have decent supply of 22lr so we be shooting that first.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    For anybody on the fence and wanting to reload pistol ammo I would say go buy a Dillon 550C today. I picked up one last month after loading rifle rounds on a single stage for years and have had a blast loading 9mm and 45ACP. The only problem is you will need more supplies. Luckily I stocked up during the good times but will still need to pick up more primers when they become available.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Pretty much my only goal is to get my 223 and 9mm loading moved to the Evo, and then get rolling with 45 and 308 on the 650.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    My goal is to dial in some loads for my M1, m1917, and soon to be 1903.

If I get to it collect some serious data on my 300wsm so it can be a bean field rifle next year.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I'm OK on all primers now. When and if they come down to sanity prices. I think they will be $50-60 per 1000 eventually. I don't think they are coming back down to $35-40 per thousand ever again. The last time I bought them I paid $35-40 per thousand that was in 2019. I don't think you will be able to get them until early 2022. When and if that happens I will be getting 5000 each of what I use. SP, SPM, LP, LPM, SR, SRM, LR, LRM.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did your evo show up? How do you like it?
    It seems pretty good so far. My problem is that they STILL have not shipped my die set, so I am working with an unholy combination of spare Lee 223 dies and no M-die. Once the real dies come in, I suspect I will be substantially happier.

410scotts

Mar 2, 2021
    Columbia, MD
    Just getting started. Been difficult to acquire all the tools needed with the current demand. Have a friend bringing over some SRP to load my first batch of 223.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom