• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    My screeching-liberal sister thinks that she would be immune to any such confiscation scheme because she's on Team (D)! She honestly believes that police would visit (dirty) Republican homes first.

Then she wouldn't have anything to worry about. If they tried using police to disarm Republicans, there wouldn't be many police left to disarm democrats.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    What am I missing

I kind of went info a depression in November. I'm trying to catch up now and finding pretty much what I expected. What confuses me is the NRA - where the heck are they? I just checked the ILA site. They have a lame statement about registration as if facts might matter and not a word this Feinstein cluster. I've been listening to them scream about the end of 2A for 40 years. Now that it's here, they're nowhere to be found. What happened to the NRA?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I kind of went info a depression in November. I'm trying to catch up now and finding pretty much what I expected. What confuses me is the NRA - where the heck are they? I just checked the ILA site. They have a lame statement about registration as if facts might matter and not a word this Feinstein cluster. I've been listening to them scream about the end of 2A for 40 years. Now that it's here, they're nowhere to be found. What happened to the NRA?

WLP. But don’t say that out loud or the NRA apologists will be here to tell us that the NRA is our only hope.

For real though. They need to use whatever credibility and political capital they have left and focus on Manchin and Sinema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    The fence and the Guard

i Guess the libtards feel safer to piss everybody off sitting behind that fencing and some troops carrying automatic weapons. The fanatics should’ve waited :rolleyes:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Unless Schumer decides 50 is enough

Harry Reid hit himself in the face with more than just his home gym equipment. Schumer may be an evil SOB, but he's not unable to learn from what happened when his predecessor got too clever by half and cut corners. Schumer later got to spend years in the minority watching 300 judges he hated go sailing past without the ability to jam them up.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I actually don't believe that this legislation came from her. It may not have even been written by anyone in her office.

I thought everyone knew Legislation is written by Lobbyists.:sad20::innocent0
    I was just stunned that 8 Republicans defected and voted on HR-1446.

I really thought the RINO talk was vicious and unwarranted. Now, I'm not so sure. How the hell can you call yourself a conservative while voting for these bills?

Ponder, I'm honestly not trying to be an ass, but you are way behind the curve in waking up. That fairy tale BS you were taught in school has nothing to do with the total corruption and incompetence found in Congress today.... and it has been like this for decades.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Harry Reid hit himself in the face with more than just his home gym equipment. Schumer may be an evil SOB, but he's not unable to learn from what happened when his predecessor got too clever by half and cut corners. Schumer later got to spend years in the minority watching 300 judges he hated go sailing past without the ability to jam them up.

True but what exactly did he learn? Changing election laws, statehood for DC/PR...the lesson wasn't to follow decorum - it was to take the gov and keep it.
    300 judges? meaningless if they pack the high court with liberal activists.
    Sorry to be negative.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    True but what exactly did he learn? Changing election laws

The changes that mattered happened at the state level, and are not going to be free of court challenges, as well as state legislative push-back. Had nothing to do with the senate or the dynamics of a razor thin majority and the filibuster.

statehood for DC/PR

That hasn't happened yet. For DC, it requires a change to the constitution itself. Any attempt to do it legislatively without an amendment will wind up in protracted court battles to say the least. For PR, again it means killing the filibuster at the very least.

Its a bit different now..if he decides to go nuclear 1) the left knows how to rig an election and 2) once it passes with 51 votes they can and will pass anything with 51 votes including additional SCOTUS justices so everything they pass sticks..

All while we sit on our hands and let it happen

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Ponder, I'm honestly not trying to be an ass, but you are way behind the curve in waking up. That fairy tale BS you were taught in school has nothing to do with the total corruption and incompetence found in Congress today.... and it has been like this for decades.

I'm sorry that my naivete offends you.

My experience with the state legislators is that although lobbyists and staffers may write the bills, the legislator is at least aware of the bill contents down to a certain level of detail so that they can argue it in committee.

Yeah, I can see that many anti-2A legislators lack technical knowledge of firearms and make ridiculous statements such as "it's as heavy as 10 boxes!" which leads to writing poor bills and laws.

All I can tell you is, I'm doing the best I can, drinking from a fire hose trying to learn the issues and the problems. I write my legislators, I submit written testimony and not just for 2A issues.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Its a bit different now..if he decides to go nuclear 1) the left knows how to rig an election and 2) once it passes with 51 votes they can and will pass anything with 51 votes including additional SCOTUS justices so everything they pass sticks..

All while we sit on our hands and let it happen

For the love of fvcking God, spit out exactly what it is you think everyone should be doing or STFU and just post recipes.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    We've seen this before. It'll end up in the Supreme Court this time, and guess what has changed? Funny but this constitutional infringement looks just like what happened in Canada, and they don't have a 2nd amendment in their constitution.....its dead on arrival.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    If it happens it will be because of the gutting of the fillibuster and if not for morons in montana and west virginia who wrote trump twice on a ballot but the obama lover senator in 2018 I hope they are happy. We can get amnesty for illegals rammed through as well.

If it happens it will be because of the gutting of the fillibuster and if not for morons in montana and west virginia who wrote trump twice on a ballot but the obama lover senator in 2018 I hope they are happy. We can get amnesty for illegals rammed through as well.

If the dems gut the filibuster and go straight majority they can pass anything they want to. My prediction is that they along with the house will vote to stack the court after they pass their most heinous bills so there will be no way they get overturned.

The real question is "what does America do about it?" If recent history is any indication wr will suck it up and sit on our hands

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The real question is "what does America do about it?" If recent history is any indication wr will suck it up and sit on our hands

OK then, what are you saying should be done? Specifically. Actually say it words that show you’ve rationally thought it through and that you mean what you say. Real, actionable list of specific things in contrast with all the unending complaining you do that everyone else is failing to live up to your expectations. Just once, ONCE, say what you mean. Or for f’s sake stop what is otherwise just juvenile drama.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    For the love of fvcking God, spit out exactly what it is you think everyone should be doing or STFU and just post recipes.

OK then, what are you saying should be done? Specifically. Actually say it words that show you’ve rationally thought it through and that you mean what you say. Real, actionable list of specific things in contrast with all the unending complaining you do that everyone else is failing to live up to your expectations. Just once, ONCE, say what you mean. Or for f’s sake stop what is otherwise just juvenile drama.

Agreed, although he's already shown he'd just rather shout from his keyboard

Quite tiresome.

Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    Allen brings up a point that has been floating in my brain.

Lately, Feinstein's mental competency has been questioned even by her own staffers, apparently. She makes Biden look alert and competent. I seriously think that she is a mental potato occupying an office built on her years of brand-name marketing and that people are drafting legislation and having her sign it, just as a Nigerian scammer would convince and elderly person to sign away their retirement checks.

I actually don't believe that this legislation came from her. It may not have even been written by anyone in her office.

Obviously, you're not from CA. At one point Feinstein's definition of "Assault Weapons" made my bone-stock .30 Carbine an 'assault weapon.' She's been riding this same horse for years (and years!), and it seems to be an almost religious thing with her. Part of what she put forward in CA made biathlon rifles into 'assault weapons' and CA residents who want to compete in biathlons must go over the state line to practice with their weapons.

So trust me when I say, if someone were to tell me that this bill came from her lips VERBATIM, I would believe them.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

Don't knock the recipe thread. People post up some great stuff on there that have given me a few ideas. Always a good one to look at while at work before heading home and eating. The pics of the food are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom