• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Deep in Linkwood now. Bumped a deer at a distance in heavily flooded timber in Lechampe. All I’ve seen so far. Tired of flooded timber.

Saw a really cool piebald fox as I posted this. It ran off a second before I had a chance to take home a really cool piebald Fox (big sucker. Deep brown and red mixed coloration. Not mange. )

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I'm sitting by a ravine in Bath county VA. Last day of the hunt. Either sex and Bear are in.

Ive heard a lot of motion, the wind is in my favor (for the most part) and I've seen more bear sign than ever.....its everywhere.

Fingers are crossed.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Uggh
    Just squirrels eating my corn
    Next week I’m taking them all out with the 22.

Heard a couple shots after sunset though so someone was doing well

When I got into he blind someone was target shooting to the north of me about a mile or so away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Uggh
    Just squirrels eating my corn
    Next week I’m taking them all out with the 22.

Heard a couple shots after sunset though so someone was doing well

When I got into he blind someone was target shooting to the north of me about a mile or so away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son went out tonight and just saw squirrels too. We’ll give it a shot tomorrow and see how we do, and then Monday we’ll do our part to lower the squirrel population too.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I havent seen any deer from my 3 stand sites in the last 5 to 7 hunts....I lost count.And plenty of no shows mix through out the ML and rifle seasons. Two spots are bottom areas and I think all the water is keeping the deer out.The other spot is really hot from early ML season through the rut.Then dead this time of year.

I did get two does for the year,(usually get 4 or 5)but if I strike out tomorrow,I wont have any bologna or hot dogs.We eat the heck out of those, so they will be sorely missed.

This has been one of the worst seasons I have had in ages

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Dorchester. A couple of fortunate hunters. Add 1 more late evening harvest not in group pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 169

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Killed two Friday. Both had buns in the oven. Missed a third(it happens :shrug). Going out in the AM. Since it's MoCo, can only hunt til 1030. The mission on this farm is to kill as many does as possible.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Remains at nothing.

I heard a handful of shots yesterday and today. Way less than usual.

Discount some that I am pretty sure were waterfowl hunter anyway. Even then, less than usual. Eastern shore deer get hit with blue tongue this year or something?

I saw some beds, but not a ton of sign. Could be it has been so wet to wipe out a lot of the tracks and scat and stuff. But only seeing a single deer the entire time is odd.

Still seeing lots in HoCo.

Maybe I’ll try to squeeze in a few hours of bow hunting towards the end of January near my house.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Killed two Friday. Both had buns in the oven. Missed a third(it happens :shrug). Going out in the AM. Since it's MoCo, can only hunt til 1030. The mission on this farm is to kill as many does as possible.

I mean, if they need help next year...:innocent0

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Congrats mike and outrider! I got out yesterday afternoon, didn’t see any. Busy today and rainy so didn’t go. Plan on getting out for a few hours behind the house tomorrow morning. Have family arriving around 10, so I’m out after that.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

10:30 cutoff. Reminds me of when I was allowed to hunt alongside Seneca Park. Same mission, kill all the does I that were in range. That is where I killed 8 one morning before 10:30 and could have probably killed 20. 8 was bad enough to drag out of the woods. Wasn't done gutting, dragging, and hanging until the sun had gone down.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I am sure I could talk her in to letting me loose for a day or two next year :o
    Lots of does out here need killing. Just whacked another one.
    I should be able to.get you in here for the three day doe grind. Remind me next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Lots of does out here need killing. Just whacked another one.
    I should be able to.get you in here for the three day doe grind. Remind me next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What do you guys do with all the deer? Donate them to feed the hungry? That is what we mostly did. Could not find enough people that wanted that much venison. Plus, they wanted it cut up and processed if they were to take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom