• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I' m finding it really interesting the way these horse people next door work. All day long no noise but suddenly about 3 pm most days of late they suddenly find work that a skid loader needs to be doing along the woodline bordering us. Back and forth up and around beep beep beep. Just one heck a coincidence I guess that all this commotion has to go on at prime hunting time cuz they're so busy doin' quiet work during the rest of the day.

I' m finding it really interesting the way these horse people next door work. All day long no noise but suddenly about 3 pm most days of late they suddenly find work that a skid loader needs to be doing along the woodline bordering us. Back and forth up and around beep beep beep. Just one heck a coincidence I guess that all this commotion has to go on at prime hunting time cuz they're so busy doin' quiet work during the rest of the day.

If it's something they do on a regular schedule I doubt it's going spook the deer since they're used to it,if they just recently started doing it =:mad54:.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

You would be surprised, but the sounds from machinery running bother you more than the deer. I have hunted and killed many deer from skid roads on logging jobs in WV. With chainsaws, a dozer and skidders running up and down the mountain. The farm I hunt now has plenty of loud neighbors, hammering, leaf blowers, and lawn mowers running, doesn't seem to bother the animal population.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I usually hunt for does. But decided I wanted this Buck. He has broken brow tines on both sides. Lots of trail cam photos of him fighting other bucks.

Attachments

• IMG_2764.jpg
      IMG_2764.jpg
      73.3 KB · Views: 228

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    You would be surprised, but the sounds from machinery running bother you more than the deer. I have hunted and killed many deer from skid roads on logging jobs in WV. With chainsaws, a dozer and skidders running up and down the mountain. The farm I hunt now has plenty of loud neighbors, hammering, leaf blowers, and lawn mowers running, doesn't seem to bother the animal population.

I helped a neighbor last night with a small job. My son stayed hunting. His stand and feeder are about a hundred feet or so off the driveway. We passed that spot with a skid loader and riding mower twice. He said later some does were eating at the feeder when we passed, and most never even looked up.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I helped a neighbor last night with a small job. My son stayed hunting. His stand and feeder are about a hundred feet or so off the driveway. We passed that spot with a skid loader and riding mower twice. He said later some does were eating at the feeder when we passed, and most never even looked up.
    I find this to be true as well. If they donit enough eventually it wont bother the deer anymore. I routinely chainsaw in the spring and have deer come up right next to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Nice deer to all who connected, as far as people and noise. Try golfing at queens town harbor golf links. You have to wait sometimes to tee off cause of deer. I don't golf but have spent about 12 years in those woods until my brother retired.

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    I have a stand right next to a lumber mill. Noise all day long and it doesn't bother them or me. I notice it more when they are not running.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I usually hunt for does. But decided I wanted this Buck. He has broken brow tines on both sides. Lots of trail cam photos of him fighting other bucks.

Damn! Awesome buck!! How much did he weigh? He looks like he's pushing 200 or so pounds.

Heaviest/largest buck I shot in MD was around 198 lbs gutted if I remember right. His body looked a lot like your deer.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Damn! Awesome buck!! How much did he weigh? He looks like he's pushing 200 or so pounds.

Heaviest/largest buck I shot in MD was around 198 lbs gutted if I remember right. His body looked a lot like your deer.

We estimated around 150 lbs.

My son shot a 200lb doe 2 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom