• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I am still curious who the 2 guys that showed up with no guns (or agreements with anyone to shoot theirs) were! Members here? From what I was told, they knew about the event so I'm curious if they saw the event publicly or knew someone... I don't think they stayed more than a few minutes..

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The RSO (damned if I can remember his name) wanted to buy my Circuit Judge.

Apparently $7k was out of his price range.

:D

He wanted to put my truck down at 300.

Apparently he didn't have $13K on him, so that didn't happen.

ArSoNZ28

Mar 20, 2009
    Delaware
    Hello, loooong time lurker and boyfriend of IndigoMistress. Thanks everyone for an awesome day. I enjoyed the chance to get to shoot some new things and she’s really proud of her bruise.

Few questions from the day,
    sleev-les, what are the specs of the scope on the mule? Indigo really liked how clear the targets at 300 were. I likely can't float the cost of a NF but a similarly spec'ed Vortex may end up on a build in the future.

I noticed in the morning someone was heading down range with steel targets on shepherd's hooks. How did they work out? (or anyone else with similar experience) I really like the new steel targets Delmarva has on the pistol range and a simple shepherd's hook steel target set up seems really great for the rifle range as well. Paper gets a little old and water jugs need to be set/picked up. I’m a little worried how the hooks will hold up in the softer sand of the berm area, especially after being smacked a few times by a .308.

I need to pick up a brass catcher, smdub’s set up looked really effective and I typically don't take out my AR10 as much as I should for fear of losing good reloading brass.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    The mule has a NF 5.5 - 22 x 55. I wish I would have known you were scope hunting. I had a Vortex 6 - 24 x 50 on my CZ750. You could have compared. The NF spoils you, but the Vortex is an awesome option with a lower price point. I had a couple Vortex and couldn't complain.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Heads Up I've moved the Photos I posted in OFFICIAL: MDShooters Day at Delmarva Sporting Clays and Rifle Range - Thread to the "Gallery" under Delmarva Mds 2 May Shoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom