• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    This was an interesting catch. He ran my line through a rock crevice and snapped it off, but was still stuck. So I had to run back to the car, get my net and partially climb into the water to save him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      95.8 KB · Views: 305
    Dec 31, 2012
    Good for you. Went to choptank on Sunday and left around 1:30pm on Monday and holiday traffic was worse than I though. We didn't catch much like everybody else. Caught about 10 nice size crabs, maybe around 15 of those oyster fish and one good size perch. It was pretty fun since it was like a family trip with my parents and my older brother.
    Burton fishing pier? Was it populated by tents and the porta-potties in atrocious condition? I stopped going due to the nastiness of the people who pitch tents and stay there all weekend. Naked kids running around and the stench of human filth was too much. I hope it's better now but two years ago it was bad.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Burton fishing pier? Was it populated by tents and the porta-potties in atrocious condition? I stopped going due to the nastiness of the people who pitch tents and stay there all weekend. Naked kids running around and the stench of human filth was too much. I hope it's better now but two years ago it was bad.

Yup, We always go to almost the end of thr bridge, so it's quiet and nice. However, overall pretty decent.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Just heard from my Uncle that my 12 year old cousin won $500 at the DNR fishing awards for the rockfish he caught on our spring charter trip. Faces blurred in case they don't want their pictures all over the internet, but my cousin wearing the orange UA logo caught the fish first fish on the left (the one that my Uncle is holding). Apparently I'm doing this wrong since my fishing trips are not making money for me...

20150515_zpstdc5iwyb.jpg

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Drifted eels out by pooles island on saturday morning and only caught a catfish. Saw one nice striper caught by someone anchored up but that was it. I think I missed the window there. Any tips on where to try in a couple weeks?

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Found the largest group of bluefish I've ever seen this afternoon. Close to a 1/4 mile long stretch of feeding blues. Insane day.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Caught this Lil fellow jigging on incoming. Bkd with light takle. Fun fight.

Attachments

• IMG951753-1.jpg
      IMG951753-1.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 233

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I managed to find a few fish on a recent Tenkara fly fishing trip to the Gunpowder. The second one may be my smallest trout caught on a fly.

P8290011-1_zpsslecnezn.jpg

P8220023-1_zpsexlpjzx2.jpg

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    There is a whole culture of anglers that try to catch the smallest fish they can with a hook and line. They go after shiners and dace mostly.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    There is a whole culture of anglers that try to catch the smallest fish they can with a hook and line. They go after shiners and dace mostly.

I've seen that before, one of the Tenkara gear sellers offers micro Tenkara rigs for micro fishing. Some of the fish caught are ridiculously small, many of them are >1".

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I've seen that before, one of the Tenkara gear sellers offers micro Tenkara rigs for micro fishing. Some of the fish caught are ridiculously small, many of them are >1".

Those look nice btw! I didn't do as well on Bee Tree.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Anyone looking to do some fishing next Friday morning? I'll be putting my boat in at Holliday hill in edgewater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom