• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    Yeah, I know, maybe I'll just start a club in my backyard and need a bunch of AKs and ARs as research for competitions. Who else would like to join? lol I should be exempt right?

Lev928

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2015
    WESTERN MARYLAND HILLS
    So, they're trying to make the possession of "assault" weapons and certain magazines illegal, eh?

I don't have much concern that this will pass in its current written form, however I'm sure something will pass.

As for making possession illegal, all I can say is ... come to my home and try it. As a veteran cop, I have never -- and will never -- confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens. God help anyone that tries to illegally take my guns.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So, they're trying to make the possession of "assault" weapons and certain magazines illegal, eh?

I don't have much concern that this will pass in its current written form, however I'm sure something will pass.

As for making possession illegal, all I can say is ... come to my home and try it. As a veteran cop, I have never -- and will never -- confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens. God help anyone that tries to illegally take my guns.

I saw a bit about "grandfathering" in there, although I'll admit I didn't see the whole thing. So I would highly doubt possession/confiscation is on the table.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    why wouldn't they figure it out? What are you tryin to say? ;) :D

Most casual shotgun hunters don't seem to pay any attention to weapons ban bills. They think it only applies to evil black guns and pistols.

Tell them they are trying to make their shotguns illegal and maybe they will come out of the woodwork and help us defend our 2A rights.
    YMMV.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp

God help. Nope send them to hell. I hate Communist Nazi pos and the can all burn.

Lev928

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2015
    WESTERN MARYLAND HILLS
    I saw a bit about "grandfathering" in there, although I'll admit I didn't see the whole thing. So I would highly doubt possession/confiscation is on the table.

I hope the grandfathering part(s) will remain intact IF the thing is pushed through and made law. When they start using the words "possess" or "possession" it puts me on high alert.

Feb 28, 2013

That's always refreshin' to read from a man of your stripes.:thumbsup:

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    What I want to know is, who wrote the Faa King bill? You could take all 120 some sponsors, including my traitor Van Hollen, put them in a room together and collectively they don't know enough about guns to write this bill as is. Even with Difi s help. I smell Bloomberg all over this. So has it come to a rich little tyrant can force this crap on 330 million other Americans, because he has deep enough pockets that he can purchase the Democrat Congress?
    Van Hollen, Hoyer, Bloody hands Cummings, and all the rest need to be punished for this. Throw them all out of office. Make it your mission to educate EVERYONE what hosebags they are.
    Yes, this is a whole lot worse than the 94 ban....
    IANAL, but as I read this, YOU will if you become licensed, be able to keep your "banned" weapon. But after that, it can only be transferred to an FFL... No inheritance, no private sales, etc etc...Will that diminish the value? If you cannot sell your property, the value of that item becomes 0... Takings clause might prevent this...

Last edited:

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Most casual shotgun hunters don't seem to pay any attention to weapons ban bills. They think it only applies to evil black guns and pistols.
    Tell them they are trying to make their shotguns illegal and maybe they will come out of the woodwork and help us defend our 2A rights.
    YMMV.

I have a friend that is an avid goose hunter and when sb281 came around he didn't care and actually said something had to be done and he was alright with the HQL and rifle ban. I told him, his shot gun was next! He just blow me off.

Feb 28, 2013
    I have a friend that is an avid goose hunter and when sb281 came around he didn't care and actually said something had to be done and he was alright with the HQL and rifle ban. I told him, his shot gun was next! He just blow me off.

That is the very definition of the word "Fudd". :tdown:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Closing your eyes, doesn't mean the bad man goes away. Didn't he learn that when he was a kid?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Interesting, it calls back previously repealed laws and adds them to be triggers for seizure and forfeiture of firearms:

From text:

(C) by striking “or (k)” and inserting “(k), (r), (v), or (w)”;

(A) in subparagraph (E), by inserting “922(r), 922(v), 922(w),” after “922(n),”.

Listed under 922 V and W were repealed:

[(v) , (w) Repealed. Pub. L. 103–322, title XI, § 110105(2), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2000.]

They are:

922R Knowing assembly of shotgun or semiautomatic rifle from imported
    parts 5 years jail time

922V Knowing possession, transfer, or manufacture of semiautomatic assault
    weapon 5 years jail time

922W Knowing possession or transfer of large capacity ammunition feeding
    device 5 years jail time

By adding them to the paragraphs they also become reasons to seize your firearms.

"shall be subject to seizure and forfeiture, and all provisions of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 relating to the seizure, forfeiture, and disposition of firearms, as defined in section 5845(a) of that Code, shall, so far as applicable, extend to seizures and forfeitures under the provisions of this chapter"

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

If he were my friend I would fire him.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Unfortunately he isn't the first or the last to think in such a bass ackwards way :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom