57.5 KB · Views: 393
    • MDGC0271.jpg
      MDGC0271.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 395

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I have a Primos and have found the opposite with batteries. I've basically gone two seasons (September to January) with the same set of Rayovac Ds. I think they're dying now though even though the display still shows 50% battery remaining because I'm getting only a couple of pictures of squirrels and an empty spot where my corn was. Either that or the camera is going bad. Regarding picture quality, it does okay in the dark and probably a little worse in the day time. Range isn't great and neither is the resolution. It also does perform an audible click when it snaps.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I have a Primos and have found the opposite with batteries. I've basically gone two seasons (September to January) with the same set of Rayovac Ds. I think they're dying now though even though the display still shows 50% battery remaining because I'm getting only a couple of pictures of squirrels and an empty spot where my corn was. Either that or the camera is going bad. Regarding picture quality, it does okay in the dark and probably a little worse in the day time. Range isn't great and neither is the resolution. It also does perform an audible click when it snaps.

my primos is lucky to go 2-3 months on a set of batteries..

Oct 11, 2012
    This guy has been poking around the last week or so, but not during daylight hours...yet. IR flash still has him spooked, too.

Attachments

• PRMS1218.JPG
      PRMS1218.JPG
      30 KB · Views: 293
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Wilcam, just out of curiosity and without getting into too much detail, what part of Idaho are you in? We've been wanting to check it out for a possible retirement place. The land and trees there are inkeeping with what we are looking for.
    Thanks!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wilcam, just out of curiosity and without getting into too much detail, what part of Idaho are you in? We've been wanting to check it out for a possible retirement place. The land and trees there are inkeeping with what we are looking for.
    Thanks!

Im in North Idaho...heres a pic off the back porch in town the other day. I'll try to find some more pics. snow accumulation this early isn't typical but still nice to see...I absolutely love it here. 4 seasons, nice spring, nice summers, lake Coeur da lene is close by. Winters can drag on a bit but I still like it. Nicer people than East coast. cost of living is a lot lower. Any specific questions send me a PM..

Attachments

• First Fall Snow 2013.jpg
      First Fall Snow 2013.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 273

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Ok so this guy shows up on cam...its the only good pic so far...my question how many points??? Stupid camera is blurry but Im guessing 10pt? This is the first time this year...Ive had trouble really identifying how many points this guy has...looks like it might have a split brow which makes it more! I dunno Im excited a little...

Attachments

• possible new buck.JPG
      possible new buck.JPG
      72.7 KB · Views: 253

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    The rut is definitely picking up in my area. These two just showed up in my backyard along with a good scrape line after not seeing much of anything in the buck dept this season.
    They aren't big, but give me hope to at least see a buck in the woods this year.

Attachments

• EK002232.jpg
      EK002232.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 231
    • EK002283.jpg
      EK002283.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 239

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members