• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    That's a decent blind Somdshoot! I wanted to make the windows smaller about 12" or so but this is going to be for the wife and step-daughter to shoot something out of and she wanted more view:sad20:...so not a man blind...lol I am going to get some burlap or camo net to put in...and hinge the windows. The outside has exterior paint to help with the water repelling. the floor is also painted inside. we just haven't got around to painting it yet. It was put up Friday. I have the door to put on and stairs to put in. and Im going to put an earth cable to keep it from possibly tipping over...if it settles.

Your big box stand does look a bit tippy; especially in the wind --- you probably need multiple cable anchors --- maybe even anchored to a tree. A couple of store bought mannequin's --- dressed out in camo --- will get the deer accustomed to human form.

Otherwise...it looks like you have a virtual hunter's paradise out there. It sure looks deery, probably elky too. Do you have any mountain lions roaming around? How about wolverines? Any grizzlys?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Your big box stand does look a bit tippy; especially in the wind --- you probably need multiple cable anchors --- maybe even anchored to a tree. A couple of store bought mannequin's --- dressed out in camo --- will get the deer accustomed to human form.

Otherwise...it looks like you have a virtual hunter's paradise out there. It sure looks deery, probably elky too. Do you have any mountain lions roaming around? How about wolverines?

I haven't seen elk or elk sign ON my property but they are around. No wolverines...I do have moose, deer, mt lion, bobcats, turkey strolling through...possibly bear but I have yet to see them on camera. They are close by though..

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I haven't seen elk or elk sign ON my property but they are around. No wolverines...I do have moose, deer, mt lion, bobcats, turkey strolling through...possibly bear but I have yet to see them on camera. They are close by though..

I'm quite envious about all of Idaho. Is your hunting property near any current forest fires? Seems like the jet stream has taken a major dip to the south around Texas. I wouldn't be surprised if you do have wolverines. Did you see the nature special about wolverines on PBS? --- if not --- you can order a DVD from PBS; if you want too.

The wolverines love to eat bones. May I suggest setting up a trail cam...with a bone tied with a small rope, hanging down from a tree limb.

Any Bigfoot story's or legend's around your countryside? If you're willing to tell me about any Bigfoot sighting's...I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks,

Erno

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I use to build all of my ground blinds but then found it was cheaper just to buy a wo man ground blind from dicks for $100. Got one now I hunt in over ten years ago and it ain't ever left the woods

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Where did you get the brackets that attach the 4X4 legs to the floor? I really like those. I think it is a great looking blind. Add a little camo and it will be perfect.

Vic

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I'm quite envious about all of Idaho. Is your hunting property near any current forest fires? Seems like the jet stream has taken a major dip to the south around Texas. I wouldn't be surprised if you do have wolverines. Did you see the nature special about wolverines on PBS? --- if not --- you can order a DVD from PBS; if you want too.

The wolverines love to eat bones. May I suggest setting up a trail cam...with a bone tied with a small rope, hanging down from a tree limb.

Any Bigfoot story's or legend's around your countryside? If you're willing to tell me about any Bigfoot sighting's...I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks,

Erno
    We are to the north about 8hrs...hopefully no fires start around us...we also are on the edge of where Grizzly's are...they have them a couple hours east but none here YET...:) I think its the same for wolverines...there might be some closer to the Canada border but I haven't heard any stories yet. Ive had a game cam up for close to a year, Ive gotten mostly deer, a couple moose, coyotes, rabbit, birds, flying squirrels, coons and even some slugs on cam nothing else noteworthy...lol

As far as bigfoot...I personally haven't had any sightings/encounters with them if they exist...I have had a few people from the northwest tell me stories of them...one guy from Oregon said his dogs were going nuts barking one night and he let them out and one dog yelped he ran out side and he said the "bigfoot" had the dog in his hand and had killed it...he said he looked at eye level for the guy and it was about chest level for the bigfoot...he ran back inside and that's all I remember him saying...I didn't know the guy but he seemed to have seen something. As a bear cant really hold a dog in one hand...I just find it hard to believe something that big hasn't been shot yet..

Where did you get the brackets that attach the 4X4 legs to the floor? I really like those. I think it is a great looking blind. Add a little camo and it will be perfect.

Vic

Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Elevator...Brackets-Set-of-4-E188/202560097#.UhT2j53n99A

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Now that I think about it, my wife did kind of take that blind as hers and shot her first deer out of it two years ago. Plus that spot I see the most deer out of it

All I gotta say is you better be confident your wife loves you pal. You know guns and hunting equipment are like that "secret" bank account in case of divorce issues. You always have a secret bank account and you NEVER disclose any information about your guns or hobby related items. If you think I am pulling your chain then we'd never have the word "spite" This word was invented by a woman.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    All I gotta say is you better be confident your wife loves you pal. You know guns and hunting equipment are like that "secret" bank account in case of divorce issues. You always have a secret bank account and you NEVER disclose any information about your guns or hobby related items. If you think I am pulling your chain then we'd never have the word "spite" This word was invented by a woman.

Lets just say that I married up, way up.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

so was lifetime (man hater) channel:sad20:;)

so anyways I got the door hung...I had to trim a little of the bottom...no big deal. Next is the steps...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    So what's the updates on the box blind Wil ? I'm waiting to see some update pictures and modifications on "Casa De La Pout House"

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    :lol: I have steps up I need to go take a pic of them...they are just treated 2x4's, I still need to put up a hand rail and the window covers and some kind of netting for when they are open.

hasn't affected the moose or deer much lol

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2650537#post2650537

Man that is awesome. I am going to have to watch your camera posts closer. That is excellent filming. We don't got Mooses around here. I had a neighboring farmers cow walk through many years ago past one of my stands. I had a WTF IS THAT !?!?! moment. I see some stray dogs every year. I'd faint if I saw a Moose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom