• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Some pretty cool stuff coming. A 6720 LE CAR rifle. 11.5" barrel with pinned and welded 5.5" "moderator styled" flash suppressor. It is going to be roll marked M4 Commando. Also an AR15A4 20" rifle with M4 Feed ramps. The 20" is what I am most interested in, toss on a KAC M5 RAS and I would have a sweet A4.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some pretty cool stuff coming. A 6720 LE CAR rifle. 11.5" barrel with pinned and welded 5.5" "moderator styled" flash suppressor. It is going to be roll marked M4 Commando. Also an AR15A4 20" rifle with M4 Feed ramps. The 20" is what I am most interested in, toss on a KAC M5 RAS and I would have a sweet A4.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoThHQIGkqY">YouTube Link</a>

I guess they are marking them "commando" for the "Call of Duty" crowd....

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

They wanted to offer a CAR 15 style rifle and not make it NFA.

So basically they're bringing out a fancy rollmark and a rifle with M4 ramps... Excuse me if I'm not enthused LOL

I would actually like a Colt 20" rifle that isn't in the match configuration.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's interesting to see a company do a pinned/welded offering to make the 16 inch mark. I dont think others have done that.

I a Colt AR snob....and nothing they showed did anything for me.

I'll be getting a Colt SBR if money allows sometime next year.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    A semi-auto Colt M16 clone is something customers have been asking for for a long time now, thus the AR15A4. There will also be a Magpul furniture version of it as well.

I liked handling the tiny CAR carbine too. That is a neat little gun.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

:)

The Commando has actually been in production for many years as an LE-oriented SBR and machine gun and equipped a lot of SWAT teams, probably more than any other single AR platform out there if I had to guess. The 4.5" addition adds a little bit of weight but nothing like a full barrel would, so it gets about as close as you can to the original without needing a tax stamp.

Personally I love that new 20" rifle. I've handled it and it is sweet. Think I may be getting one to keep my 901 company ;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :)

The Commando has actually been in production for many years as an LE-oriented SBR and machine gun and equipped a lot of SWAT teams, probably more than any other single AR platform out there if I had to guess. The 4.5" addition adds a little bit of weight but nothing like a full barrel would, so it gets about as close as you can to the original without needing a tax stamp.

Personally I love that new 20" rifle. I've handled it and it is sweet. Think I may be getting one to keep my 901 company ;)

I will probably be looking at them as well. My son plays Call of Duty, and is harassing me to get a "commando". Now I can and I will be the envy of all of the 11 year olds in the neighborhood.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm not impressed, and the 16 inch Commando is full retard.

Why?

A lot of people are doing it with AK's and AR's.

Furthermore...I think you can buy this...start the SBR paperwork and once it comes in you can have it removed.

So you arent waiting months for the firearm.

It also saves a few ounces on the front end if that matters...to most it shouldnt.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Let me get this right, Colt is broadening their carbine offerings by selling a 16" over all length barrel, with the accuracy of a 11.5" ???

Well... shiot... sign me up. :lol:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I would like the ar15a4 as long as it doesnt have any of the stupid colt things like different sized pins, the block in the lower or an ar15 carrier. He didnt mention the twist on it but id like to assume 1/7.

As for the commando...i dont understand the 5.5" fh. Why not just have the extra barrel length? Sure if your going to remove it but that seems like the only purpose. Im all ears if someone can tell me the true reason behind it.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Why?

A lot of people are doing it with AK's and AR's.

Furthermore...I think you can buy this...start the SBR paperwork and once it comes in you can have it removed.

So you arent waiting months for the firearm.

It also saves a few ounces on the front end if that matters...to most it shouldnt.

I'd think it would be easier to get a stamp for the lower, then buy the SBR upper that you want once you get the stamp. You could use the lower in the meantime if you wanted. I was going to get a Spikes upper with a 14.5" barrel and a pinned flash suppressor, when funds permit. That makes more sense to me than a 11" barrel and a wonky 5" flash hider. You're going to be giving up a lot of muzzle velocity for a particular look and perhaps a little less weight up front. But, to each his own. The world would be a very dull place without some variety. :D

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'd think it would be easier to get a stamp for the lower, then buy the SBR upper that you want once you get the stamp. You could use the lower in the meantime if you wanted. I was going to get a Spikes upper with a 14.5" barrel and a pinned flash suppressor, when funds permit. That makes more sense to me than a 11" barrel and a wonky 5" flash hider. You're going to be giving up a lot of muzzle velocity for a particular look and perhaps a little less weight up front. But, to each his own. The world would be a very dull place without some variety. :D

Colts 6933 comes with a 11.5 barrel.

If I was going SBR I personally wouldnt do 14.5...besides when talking with my wife an inch and a half doesnt do much for me.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I would like the ar15a4 as long as it doesnt have any of the stupid colt things like different sized pins, the block in the lower or an ar15 carrier. He didnt mention the twist on it but id like to assume 1/7.

As for the commando...i dont understand the 5.5" fh. Why not just have the extra barrel length? Sure if your going to remove it but that seems like the only purpose. Im all ears if someone can tell me the true reason behind it.

The CAR 15s commonly had a 4.25" moderator. They are trying to mimic the look of these but need to make the 16" to avoid NFA restriction.

Colt_XM-177E1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom