• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    For that price I'll wait on Engage :) (and them just because they're IPs and I want that flared magwell for my HD/SD carbine

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    They have plenty to sell on their website for 200 but not enough to honor the back orders at brownell's

I've see alot about them selling privately before getting to Brownells back orders. I'm sure they have a contract with brownells to provide x-amount of lowers, and brownells allowed the sale of x times 10. It's not Aero's fault brownells oversold their stock.

As for gouging. I'd rather pay aero 200 for a lower than gunbroker 350, and at 200 per lower Aero has incentive to ramp up production, at 89 a lower they were already at their sweet spot and would had no reason to make more than they were.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I've see alot about them selling privately before getting to Brownells back orders. I'm sure they have a contract with brownells to provide x-amount of lowers, and brownells allowed the sale of x times 10. It's not Aero's fault brownells oversold their stock.

As for gouging. I'd rather pay aero 200 for a lower than gunbroker 350, and at 200 per lower Aero has incentive to ramp up production, at 89 a lower they were already at their sweet spot and would had no reason to make more than they were.

The problem with "ramping up production" is that a LOT of these companies manufacture during down time between big money mainstream contracts. The ones that manufacture lowers semi-exclusively is that it's a HUGE financial gamble/outlay to up their manufacturing base when this need almost HAS to be short lived.

It sucks for us, but that's how it works :(

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Just give it a few months. Once all the hoopla dies down, demand will fall off to nothing, and the prices on lowers will crater; since so many people have already bought more of them than they could really afford to.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Just give it a few months. Once all the hoopla dies down, demand will fall off to nothing, and the prices on lowers will crater; since so many people have already bought more of them than they could really afford to.

Or a ban goes into place and even if they are FREE we can't have them

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Aero has been screwing over many vendors, returning deposits, jacking the price up on standing purchase orders from months back, etc. They've been far from ethical in this whole shebang. Supply and demand is one thing, but biting the hand that fed you for years so you can sell more house-branded lowers at 2X normal retail is pretty shady.

I get supply & demand, 100%. However, Surplus Arms & Ammo and Aero have been doing quite of bit of backdoor dealing and some insane price hikes. That may or may not hurt them enough in the future to outweigh the gains now. We'll see. They're making money hand over fist right now.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Aero has been screwing over many vendors, returning deposits, jacking the price up on standing purchase orders from months back, etc. They've been far from ethical in this whole shebang. Supply and demand is one thing, but biting the hand that fed you for years so you can sell more house-branded lowers at 2X normal retail is pretty shady.

I get supply & demand, 100%. However, Surplus Arms & Ammo and Aero have been doing quite of bit of backdoor dealing and some insane price hikes. That may or may not hurt them enough in the future to outweigh the gains now. We'll see. They're making money hand over fist right now.

That's sh!tty they are screwing over vendors...places like DSGarms must be in a rough spot too. I can only imagine they have thousands and thousands of pmags on backorders with customers and vendors. Hard to be fair to everyone.

I like what BCM did yesterday. They jacked up their BCG to $225 from $179 to try and hurt flippers, but the additional profit is getting donated to the NRA.

Im just glad I caught you guys with noveske lowers twice right before the craze...least I have a few for builds :party29:

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.

Glad that you have/will not stick it to your customers Joseph.
    Any word on the Seekins lowers for MDS members ?

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    That's sh!tty they are screwing over vendors...places like DSGarms must be in a rough spot too. I can only imagine they have thousands and thousands of pmags on backorders with customers and vendors. Hard to be fair to everyone.

I like what BCM did yesterday. They jacked up their BCG to $225 from $179 to try and hurt flippers, but the additional profit is getting donated to the NRA.

Im just glad I caught you guys with noveske lowers twice right before the craze...least I have a few for builds :party29:

We don't allow backorders, and right now it's paying off in spades. The companies that ARE allowing backorders, with the huge backlog of product, are going to be inundated with thousands of pissed off calls and emails a week and not be able to operate. I can't even imagine all the issues that Brownells experienced with their backlog. Then the orders being shipped out of order and pissing off customers regarding their pmags not being shipped out in the order they were received.

So many headaches, so little beer :lol2:

Glad that you have/will not stick it to your customers Joseph.
    Any word on the Seekins lowers for MDS members ?

Supply and demand is always in effect. Our prices have gone up, sure. However, they were within reasonable percentages. We have fixed overhead, with decreased inventory levels, and as such have to increase our profit margin to maintain a level of service and staffing to help us keep up with the pace of business.

Nothing pisses me off more than flippers. We've banned local guys from purchasing in-store due to customers buying lowers only to flip them on Gunbroker.

Regarding the Seekins Lowers: Soon, young Padiwan :D

We won't have a ton of these lowers available, but we'll get some in circulation with quick shipping available for the MDS guys for the first batch.

[Sidetrack]

Quite a bit of the contributing factors to the craziness in today's market is caused by people "flipping" products. While entrepreneurial, people hording inventory to only flip it end up hurting the market in general, and causes the market prices to be artificially inflated.

That just takes inventory away from the people that could use it, at a fair price. With "flippers" such as this, it causes retailers like us to want to jump up pricing, simply to avoid guys taking advantage of a retailer giving fair prices to a consumer. That's not to say that Aero should have doubled or tripled their prices and screwed over retailers at the same time, but $200 for a stripped lowers keep the secondary market slimmer.

Many of the flippers don't pay tax on their earnings either, which of course isn't very beneficial for the economy. I know we pay taxes...and a whole hell of a lot of them.

[/Sidetrack]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom